❝just borrowing❞

OVER IT

OVER IT. That was how Miki felt, about everything.

'Only 3 more exams to go.' That single thought had kept her afloat for the past few weeks since the practice exams were finished.

Chores seemed to pass by in a blur. Despite Wooyoung offering to take over her laundry duties, she firmly declined. Miki imagined him folding certain undergarments and felt nauseous, knowing it would only add to her stress.

As she walked past the study, she ran into Wooyoung.

"Good morning!" she greeted, yawning shortly after.

"Morning." He did a double take. "In a rush?"

Miki rubbed her eyes before looking up at him. "Yeah, my classmates will be here to pick me up soon."

He hummed in response, and the corner of his mouth perked up. "Y'know, I was just looking for my work shirt."

Her phone buzzed, and after reading the message, Miki hoisted her backpack over her shoulder. "Sorry, I gotta go!" She walked briskly to the stairs, stopping at the top to give a quick wave. "I'll help you find your shirt tonight!"

She ran down the stairs, and he shook his head slightly. He could've told her in time, but...

'Tch, now I have to use my Armani one.' he thought, and sauntered back into his room. As he buttoned up his shirt, however, Wooyoung found he didn't mind at all.

✿✿✿

MIKI realised that night as she was getting ready for bed. Normally, she would just toss her used clothes at the foot of her bed, but the label of the shirt caught her eye.

Dior Homme..?

She suddenly felt dizzy. With quiet movements, she opened her door, hoping to return it without him noticing.

At the same time, he left the bathroom. He noticed the shirt in her hands, but to her astonishment, didn't seem surprised. In fact, why did he seem disappointed?

"I- "

"Keep it. In any case, it looks better on you." He brushed past her on his way to his own bedroom.

"Are you sure? But- "

Wooyoung paused at his door. "I want you to have it. A girl who owns clothing from a guy she likes usually doesn't to want to return it. Get it now?"

His door slammed shut.

That was the first time Miki ever heard him speak angrily.