❝an old friend comes to visit❞

A yawning Miki set foot on the bottom of the stairs, holding onto the railing for balance

For some reason, she was able to sleep in today. Even though it was the weekend and she had no classes, her body was used to waking up around 8.

Squinting at a nearby clock, she discovered it was already 10am.

Miki's slippers went tap, tap on the stone tiling as she slowly went to search for food. When she passed the living room, she heard the faint murmur of voices.

Suddenly, a burst of laughter echoed from the room. "You haven't changed one bit! Still damn arrogant, huh?"

Her phone buzzed with a notification, and the room fell silent. Silently, she cursed Pinterest for recommending her pins they thought she would like.

"Miki? Are you awake?" Wooyoung called out calmly, and for some reason, hearing him say her name (a very rare event—for both of them) she found herself tentatively sliding open the glass separator.

She walked inside, cheeks colouring slightly under the gaze of the two men in the room. Wooyoung looked unfazed, as usual, but the man sitting beside him was smiling brightly.

He held out a hand to shake. "Nice to meet you!" he greeted enthusiastically. "I'm Choi San."

Miki grasped it earnestly, a smile gracing her lips due to his positive energy. "Hi, I'm Miki."

Wooyoung patted the cushion beside him silently, and she sat down compliantly.

"We were friends back in college," he explained, and San pretended to be extremely hurt at that statement.

"Friends? That's all? We were basically connected at the hip!" he huffed, and proceeded to tell Miki all about their adventures as an 'iconic duo.'

"Amicus ad aras. That's our friendship motto. It means—"

"Friends to the very end." Wooyoung intervened, finally giving in to the energetic guest beside him. "Tch, you never stop talking do you?"

Miki listened to their bickering as they caught up on all they'd missed over the past four years, every once in a while laughing along with them.

It was nice seeing Wooyoung so relaxed. It wasn't a side of him she got to see too often.

San gave her a warm smile. "You seem like a really nice girl, Miki. Now tell me, who forced you to marry this self-absorbed man?"

Even though he was clearly joking, the two Jung's tensed in their seats.

Internally, Miki was panicking. Should she tell him their marriage is, indeed, arranged?

Before she could open her mouth, someone else responded for her.

"No one," responded Wooyoung solemnly. "Only the power of fate and my handsome face."

San burst into laughter, whilst Miki looked like she had seen a ghost.

Glancing at her briefly, Wooyoung merely smirked.