EP. 1 - Ancestor

~ ~

Age 771
Four years after Cell is defeated

Planet Ayata
World of the Ayatan Saiyans

~ ~

"And when Lady Ayata found the Red Jewel, she gained so much power, everyone called her a Goddess—"

"What's a Goddess?"

Natu—father of the four-year-old Ayatan Saiyan Princess—smiled patiently at the girl.

She laid in bed, fully tucked in, but her wide curious eyes yearned for more bedtime stories and knowledge.

Natu rubbed her chin-length wavy hair. "A Goddess is a woman who is... very strong."

"Like Mama?" she smiled.

He returned the smile as he thought of his wife, Makona. She was the current Queen of the Ayatan Saiyans.

"Yes. Mama is very strong," he held back a smirk. She was a fighter, and he was not. At least, not really. Considering he was King-Consort, he handled more of the social and diplomatic matters that didn't require the Queen's presence. He liked to think of himself as the "pretty face."

"But no, Mama is not a Goddess," Natu continued.

Niya scrunched her brows in confusion. "Who is then?"

He thought. "Hm, well. The only Goddess we've known is Lady Ayata. I suppose second to her was her daughter, Lusette."

"Where is Lady Ayata?" the girl asked next.

Natu pointed to the Red Jewel that was attached to a black leathered collar around his daughter's neck. "Here."

Niya looked down and held the Jewel in her tiny palm. "She's really tiny!"

The father laughed. "Well maybe. But here is actually Lady Ayata's soul. Or so we think."

She furrowed her brows. "Why is she here?"

Natu noticed her sad eyes and lightly sighed. "We're not sure yet, Princess."

"That's sad," Niya rubbed the Red Jewel, as if trying to comfort it with her touch.

He noted this and smiled. "But there is one way for Lady Ayata to be freed."

"Really?" she gasped and turned to him with her attentive, onyx eyes.

"Yes," he nodded. "The only way for Lady Ayata to be freed is for her reincarnation to appear."

"A recanation what?"

Natu chuckled. "A reincarnation. It's like being born again, but in a different body, but it's still the same person."

Niya didn't understand.

He smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, Princess. I'm not very good at explaining this. It's complicated."

She pouted but then smiled. "It's okay. I'm going to free Lady Ayata one day. Then we can all be happy."

Natu was taken aback, but pride filled him. "You're a good person, Niya," he rubbed her head. "I hope you can free her."

The girl beamed but was overtaken by a yawn.

He chuckled and kissed her forehead. "Good night, Princess."

Niya rubbed her eyes. "Good night, Papa."

The father watched as his daughter fell asleep, dreading the nightmares that would soon befall her. He sorrowfully left her side.

~ ~