EP. 5 - Junior Division

Lady Ayata and Yucca stared intently at the group. They looked so careless, chatting with the blond man in a suit and sunglasses, that it was hard to believe their kis were quite strong.

"Those children with them seem strong as well," Ayata noted. "It looks like you and Niyata will have some competition after all."

Yucca seemed skeptical, but also sensed their strong kis. "We'll be fine," she insisted. "We are saiyan warriors, and they are mere Earthlings," she crossed her arms.

Ayata chuckled at the girl's overconfidence. "Alright. I have warned you, child."

Yucca rolled her eyes, but then both of them turned when the other fighters started cheering.

"YEAH!" a man in a brown fighting gi, an extravagant golden belt, a white cape, black afro hair and mustache, and blue eyes, joined the arena with his arms raised. "Line up if you want an autograph from the greatest fighter ever, 'cause I'm not charging for the first fifty!"

The crowd began to chant his name.

"Satan?" Ayata rubbed her chin. "Why does that name sound familiar?" Then, she glanced down at Yucca, noticing her Hercule Satan shirt. She almost burst into laughter, "You are a fan of that fraud?"

Yucca frowned and blushed. "Of course not, but Niya is, apparently. So, hurry over and get an autograph from him or whatever."

Ayata slightly smirked, "With my charm, I could get an autograph from him whenever I want. I will make sure to get one for her before I need to transform back."

The younger saiyaness made a sour face at the implication.

"Attention, please!" a man in a black and white striped shirt with a black bowtie and glasses began into a microphone.
"The Prelims for the World Martial Arts Tournament now begin! One hundred and ninety-five people have entered the adult tournament. Unfortunately, there are only sixteen spots. And by the rules, the defending Champion, Mr. Satan, is automatically qualified. That means there are fifteen spots available."

"It should be simple enough to qualify," Ayata was looking down at her fingernails.

The referee continued, "To ensure fairness, we'll select the finalists by way of punching strength. The fifteen people with the highest scores on the machine will be given the fifteen spots.

Now, to test out the punching machine and give us a score to go by, we ask the defending world champion to make the first hit! Mr. Satan, will you come on out, please?!"

Hercule stepped closer, removed his cape, and held up his champion belt, yelling out, "Does anybody want this?!" The crowd cheered for him.

Ayata rubbed her chin. "So, if I defeat him, I get that belt as my prize?"

Yucca shrugged, "Maybe. I'm not sure how this tournament works."

"Hm," Ayata crossed her arms. "I think that belt would look good on me. What do you think?"

Yucca rolled her eyes, realizing how much Ayata sounded like Niya, "Sure."
Ayata smirked, "I am going to win it then."

Hercule stood confidently next to the punching machine, laughing and posing for all the cameras. Suddenly, all the cameras exploded, causing a bit of a panic.

Yucca seemed to be on edge, but Ayata calmed her by placing a hand on her shoulder. "Relax. Those fighters did this to speed up the preliminaries."

The younger saiyaness didn't reply, but didn't exactly relax.

Hercule seemed a bit disappointed, but shrugged it off and began to charge an attack at the machine, dramatically yelling to build up tension, until he yelled, "Satan Punch!" His fist struck the punching machine, the number counter above it was scrolling through numbers until it settled on the number 137.