EP. 12 - Sacrifices

Yucca grit her teeth, wondering why the cruel and savage lineage from King Vegeta would be saving her. Although her hatred was strong, she curtly nodded. "You better defeat that monster."

"I'll make sure I won't go to Hell alone," Vegeta replied.

Yucca narrowed her eyes. "What?"

"He knows he can't survive this...," Shin managed from behind her.

She turned to him as Vegeta commenced his battle with Majin Buu. "Supreme Kai! I'll help you get out of here!"

Yucca carefully set the Princess over her shoulder before going to the Supreme Kai. "Can you stand?"

Shin groaned and struggled. "I am not sure..."

"Please try," she extended her hand out to him.

He reached out, and Yucca managed to pull him up. He leaned heavily on her.

"It will be alright," Yucca assured him, but it was mainly for herself. "Vegeta will defeat Majin Buu, and we will be alright."

"I truly hope so...," Shin agreed.

Yucca faded from Super Saiyan, panting from the new transformation and from healing the Princess. "Where is Gohan?"

Shin pursed his lips. "He was struck by an attack... I'm not sure if he lived..."

Her eyes widened. "Gohan... is dead?"

× × ×

From a distance, Piccolo's sharp ears picked this up, but he had trouble fathoming the idea.

× × ×

A large explosion erupting from Buu overwhelmed Yucca and Shin, and he was sent flying in a different direction from her and Niya.

Yucca did her best to protect the Princess even at the cost of herself. She groaned at the pain from the explosion at her back but forced herself to sit up, no matter how shaky. "Princess...," she reached out.

Her one job was to protect the Princess. She couldn't—she wouldn't—fail. The warrior crawled closer.

She would give the rest of her energy if that's what it took for the Princess to live. The Princess... who accepted her as her best friend.

Yucca reached the Princess and hovered her hand over. "I'm happy we were friends..."

She gasped when Niya grabbed her wrist.

Niya gave a weary smile. "Don't be silly... We'll still be friends."

Relief flooded the older saiyaness, but she quickly swallowed down her tears. "O-Of course. We need to get away from here."

"What's going on?" Niya asked as they helped each other stand.

Yucca remembered the Supreme Kai and Gohan, but she bitterly shook her head. "I'll tell you later."

The Princess furrowed her brows at the sinking feeling in her stomach.

They were startled as Super Saiyan Trunks and Goten zoomed past them. They turned to see Trunks send Buu flying away from his father. Goten helped untangle the pink, fleshy substance around the Prince's body.

"We should help them," Niya suggested.

"What?!" Yucca frowned. "They were going to let you die!!"

She gave a sympathetic smile. "They haven't seen what we've seen. I understand if they were scared."

The older saiyaness grit her teeth. "I refuse."