EP. 2 - Saiyan Mission

Marmie watched the two teams take off from a monitor. She had two separate communicators, one for each team. She was in charge of communication between her squad and home—Planet Ayata.

She watched with great interest as the two teams took off in two routes and started a timer. "I wonder who'll win," she shrugged and laid down beside the communicators, proceeding to take a nap.

What Marmie missed was mysterious figures quickly following both teams.

~~~

"So, what's the plan?"

Niya gave Roche a look. "What do you mean 'what's the plan'? Weren't you paying attention back on the ship?"

Roche gave her a sheepish smile. "A little."

The Princess let out a breath. "Okay. I'll explain it again," she said. "Once we're near the city, we're going to go in disguise."

"Oh no, are we stealing clothes?"

"No!" she shook her head. "We're going to be using these bracelets, remember?" She held out her right wrist that had a silver bracelet before meeting her golden and crimson bracer.

"Ohhhh."

"Pretty smart, huh?" she smiled proudly.

"Sure! Those bad guys'll never see us coming!" Roche cheered.

"Yeah!"

The kids shared a smile, confident their team would succeed better than Yucca's. They powered up with a white aura around them and sped to fly quicker towards the city, now in sight.

~~~

"Aren't you worried about the Princess?" Bokk asked the team Captain.

"No," Yucca quickly replied. "Well, maybe."

"You should've convinced her to do it your way," he sighed. "Roche is strong, but he's not so bright."

"I know that," she replied. "But it's not just them two," she reminded.

"Oh right. They have Great Ancestor," Bokk eyed her. "Then why are you worried?"

Yucca tensed. "She's stronger than anyone, but... when she uses Niya, I see her so drained after. It just doesn't feel right."

"Great Ancestor wouldn't hurt the Princess," he assured her. "They just need... more practice."

She shook her head. "Maybe. I just hope Great Ancestor doesn't get too excited."

Bokk turned away, remembering. "It won't happen again."

Yucca was silent. "Let's just get this mission over with already."

He nodded.

The two Saiyans then arrived to a giant sewage pipe at the outskirts of the city. It would be their way in, no matter how disgusting it was.

They pressed a button on the side of their patched helmets that bordered only their faces. A clear dome then covered their faces, making the trip through the sewers much more bearable.

~~~

A few palm trees resided around the walls of the city. A sand storm always seemed to be present, giving Niya and Roche cover to land and use their bracelets. Immediately, their bodies began to shift to look more like the natives of the planet.

"Okay," Niya turned to Roche. "Let's head inside."

Roche nodded and reached to intertwine their fingers.