EP. 18 - Super Saiyan Three Gotenks?!

[DISCLAIMER: By the end of Book 1 (The Super Saiyan Girl), Kusuke was killed by Cell instead, so Android 16 was able to be repaired, and he is alive in this story.]

~~~

Nikka pounded her fist against the ground. "I was so close!" she yelled in frustration.

"It's gone!" Gotenks gasped.

"Damn it!!" Piccolo growled.

As the hole closed from the dimension of time, Buu appeared on the LookOut, pleased that his escape was successful.

The shout that generated power created a booming noise that no one could ignore.

From inside the temple, Sixteen flinched his blue eyes open. He detected an enormous power he had come to memorize. He wanted to shout, but little Marron was asleep on his lap.

"What was that noise?" Krillin questioned.

"It came from outside!" Yamcha hurried out.

"Do you think the kids won already?" Bulma quickly followed.

Sixteen stood, holding Marron close, and hurried to grab Eighteen's wrist before she went outside too. "Eighteen..."

She turned to him, eyes widening at his tone. "It's him, isn't it?"

"Yes."

Eighteen clenched her fists. "If I'm gonna go out, I'm gonna go out fighting!" she ripped her wrist away and ran out.

"No!" Sixteen reached out, but the shouts of terror already pierced the air. "They never had a chance..."

Marron squirmed in his arms. "Uncle? Wh-What's that noise?" she asked frightfully. "Where's Mommy and Daddy?"

It took him only a moment to put on a calm smile. "Don't worry. Cover your ears and close your eyes."

"Huh? Why? Oh! Do you have a surprise for me?"

"...Yes."

"I love surprises!" Marron smiled and obliged.

Sixteen held her close and hurried for a different way out of the temple. He managed to see as Mr. Popo pushed Dende off the LookOut. Their eyes met.

"Please look after him," Mr. Popo bowed before running forward for Buu to end him.

Sixteen shut his eyes at their shouts and pleas, but he knew he couldn't help them. The only thing he could do at that moment was protect Marron, the girl he loved as his niece. But he needed to protect Dende, too. Without him, the Dragon Balls wouldn't be able to restore the havoc Buu wrecked on their lives. They wouldn't be able to bring back Marron's parents.

He opened his eyes and took off down below, set on his new mission.

~~~

"Buu's ki!" Goku shouted. "He got out of the Time Chamber!"

Ayata reappeared from within the Red Jewel. "Yes. But the children..."

"I don't feel their kis," Goku shook his head. "I just wish I could see what was going on!!"

"So, you wanna see?"

They turned curiously to the Old Kai.

He held up a hand and a crystal ball appeared. He then threw it towards them, "Here."

The ball rolled to a stop, and Goku, Ayata, Shin, and Kibito sat closer to observe.

"Hey, I can see them!" Goku smiled.