EP. 8 - Long Time No See

"There they are!"

Ayata opened her eyes and turned to the Z Warriors as they made their way through the opening to the patch of marble floor they were on now. A small smirk curved her lips. She was tingling with excitement to fight at least one of them.

"Okay, now that everyone's here...let's start the lottery!" the announcer spoke loud enough for all of the contestants. "Please step up and draw a number when I call your name!"

As if the group sensed her staring, Goku scanned his eyes and met hers curiously.

Ayata smiled and winked.

Goku made a strange expression before moving his eyes along.

Ayata chuckled to herself. She decided to eye around. Her eyes flashed red, and she could immediately see the souls inside of her competitors.

Inside of the strange looking competitor with a blue cape and two holes in its torso, she spotted two souls. They were familiar. She smirked once she realized they were Trunks and Gotens' souls. It seemed the two of them found a way to be a part of the Adult Division as well.

Scanning the rest, nothing seemed out of place until she laid eyes on the souls of the two strange men from earlier. Her eyes narrowed.

Souls were typically a cloudy white, in the shape of a small flame. Except, the color of the men's souls were a light blue. She had never seen a colored soul before. Why? Just who were those men?

"Selene? Are you here?"

Ayata flinched and put on a smile. "Oh my, yes, I'm here."

The announcer politely smiled. "Oh! Well come on over. I've been calling your name."

Ayata slightly bowed her head before walking over. "My apologies."

"No worries!" the announcer assured. "Now, please select a ball from the box," he gestured to a monk holding a box down on a table.

"Of course," Ayata smiled and slipped her hand inside. Her fingers searched inside the box, unsure of which one to grasp. At last, she finally settled on a ball and plucked it out of the box.

She held it up. "Number fourteen," she held her smile. "My, I wonder who my opponent will be."

Ayata glanced at the Z Warriors with an innocent smile before walking away as the monk wrote her name down on a board. Her eyes passed by the strange men, but she was a bit disappointed to see they had no interest in her.

She crossed her arms and quietly observed as everyone else picked their numbers. She only took notice of the strange mens' names.

The tall man with red skin was Kibito, and the short man with light purple skin and white hair was Shin.

The order of the matches was at last decided:

1. Krillin vs Punta
2. Shin vs Demon Jr.
3. Videl vs Spopovich
4. Kibito vs Great Saiyaman
4. No. 18 vs Hercule
5. Son Goku vs Vegeta
6. Mighty Mask vs Selene
7. Yamu vs Jewel

Ayata sighed. She was disappointed to be fighting against the two boys. She really wanted to fight against someone who would give her a real challenge, like their fathers or even Shin or Kibito.

"Alright, let's get started!" the announcer spoke up. As he began leading the fighters, he turned his head and explained the rules briefly. Then, he added, "Since we have so many matches, there'll be a thirty-minute time limit. If the fight isn't settled in thirty minutes, the judges will determine the winner."

Ayata frowned. Thirty minutes was hardly a proper fight. She sighed as she lagged behind, wanting to join an exciting fight already.

× × ×