Not so Little J

I loved writing this chapter and I hope you all enjoy reading it.

"So you and Nate are all good?" Serena asks as we leave Blair to do her work.

"As well as we can be. Bart had to put a wedge between us."

"What could Bart say to make Nate upset with you?" Serena asks, and I give her a look.

"By playing the doting father who cares for his child's well-being. Nate doesn't like that Bart disapproves of him."

"Nate is a great guy."

"To Bart, he's not good enough for me, which is surprising, but I don't care what he thinks."

"Did you two talk?" I shake my head.

"There's a lot of issues between Bart and me that can't easily be explained." I answer.

"Hello." We turn our heads seeing a guy waving at us.

"Isn't that..."

"Yes, it is." Serena confirms as she gets all giddy seeing the artist Rufus found for the opening of the gallery. "Hey, um, what are you doing here?"

"Uh, I just had a meeting with a collector. Hi, you..."

"Ella Bass, we met at the gallery. I was helping Rufus and Dan." I remind him.

"Yes, that's right. Rufus talks very highly of you."

"And who wouldn't,  E is amazing." Serena says as she hugs me.

"S, I'm going to take a call and get the car." So I leave her to have alone time with Aaron. I always find it amazing how giddy Serena gets with pretty much any guy she meets. Sometimes I kind of wish to fall in love as easily as she does.

"I'm late!" A woman calls out, and my mouth drops as she plants a kiss on Aaron in front of Serena.

"Uh..." Serena looks at me for help.

"Uh, S, there is an emergency we got to go." So I grab her and get into the car.

"Hello, Miss. Ella and Serena." Arthur greets us.

"Hello, Arthur." I reach over and hug him.

"Here is some ginger ale for your stomach." Arthur passes the drink over to me.

"Ginger ale?" Serena questions me.

"Pregnancy is making me really nauseous, especially when I'm in a car." I explain as I slowly slip on my drink.

"He's with another girl." Serena complains.

"Yeah, shouldn't he mention that before, like flirting with you?" I question.

"I...he never made it seem like he..."

"Didn't you see him with a girl after the show?"

"I mean, yes. But I thought...I don't know what I thought. I just...ugh, he's making this so hard."

"So who the hell is he?" I ask her, not sure what's the big deal with Aaron Rose.

"We went to Camp Suisse together and got married." She answers.

"Child camp husband, yeah, that explains so much." I tease her.

"It's sweet, and he remembered me." Serena is swooning hard over him, and he's not even available.

"S."

"I'm not getting too involved."

"Yeah, right, S, and I'm not pregnant." I tease her.