Snowflake and Funerals

This will be a slightly emotional chapter.

"Ella."

"Go away, Nate."

"Ella, please let me in." I hear him try to open the door but finds it's locked. "Ella."

"You should just go to the ball without me. I'm not going."

"Babe, what changed? You were so excited and..."

"My dress doesn't fit." I complain as I open the door. I show him my dress that is way too small for me. "I... I'm seven months pregnant, and it's finally showing." I feel myself getting overly emotional. "I...this dress was perfect, and now it's..."

"Hey." He takes my hand and makes me look up at him. "You don't need a dress to look beautiful."

"Nate!" I hit his shoulder.

"No, what I'm saying is. You're easily the most beautiful woman in any room without even trying. What does fit?" He asks me.

"Nothing that is suitable for the ball and... it's not in season or..."

"So? You're Ella Bass. You wear anything, and you make it fashionable. Hey, and if it makes you more comfortable, we don't have to go to the dance." He offers.

"No, we should. We've wanted to go to this every year. This is finally dedicated to all of our hard work." I explain to him.

"I will do anything that makes you happy."

"And what about what makes you happy?" I ask him.

"I'm looking right at it." He reaches out and pushes a strand of hair behind my ear. "I don't deserve you, Nate."

"No, you deserve happiness." He smiles at me. "Come, let's see, there has to be one thing in your closet that will work. He goes through my dresses, showing options.

"That one is more of a spring dress."

"Really?"'

"Nate, the season of the dress matters." He puts the dress back and pulls out another one. "I don't have heels to match."

"Then why do you have the dress?" He asks.

"It was a gift from the designer."

"Ella."

"Okay, uh..." Nate shows me another dress, and I step forward.

"What?" I play with the fabric.

"I...this must have been so far in my closet, and I never noticed. This is perfect. It...it gives me breathing room for my belly, but it is still elegant and... it's perfect." I smile at Nate.

"Well, let's get you dressed and to this ball."

"You really are Prince Charming." I smile at him. Nate winks back at me.

"And you are my intelligent and beautiful Queen." He leans down and kisses me.

__________________________________
"Okay, Ella, you look gorgeous." Another student compliments me.

" Another student compliments me