Thanksgiving and Past Romance

Sorry for the long wait, hope you enjoy this update.

The holidays have never been Bart's biggest concern. It is usually an excuse for him to take a needed vacation and if Chuck and I are lucky he will spare us a call. Unlike most family's we rarely do anything along the lines of tradition. Blair is all about the traditions and never strays away from them. Like her mother hosting her annual Thanksgiving dinner where she invites anyone, she deems important to socialize with as more of a business dinner rather than a holiday to be thankful for what we have in life.

Thanksgiving is usually the time where I can relax and slow down in my busy life. Chuck is doing god knows what or who for that matter. Blair wanted me to come over for dinner but I didn't want to suffer through a boring stuffy dinner at the Waldorf's. Besides I'm not the biggest fan of a holiday centered around family. I gorge myself through fresh strawberry's and whipped cream when Dan calls me.

"Hello, Humphrey." I answer.

"How's your Thanksgiving going?"

"Pretty good. I gave myself an at-home facial and now I'm eating my weight in strawberries and whipped cream while fawning over Patrick Swayze's dance moves."

"That sounds like a weird Thanksgiving. Where are your dad and brother?"

"Bart is out of the country for a business trip with his latest fling. Chuck and I aren't on speaking terms. But other than that this is turning out to be a pretty nice Thanksgiving." I sip on my wine as Patrick continues to captivate my attention.

"I'm coming over." I sit up causing some of my face mask to fall off.

"Why?"

"No one should spend Thanksgiving alone."

"I hate to break it to you, Dan, this is how I spend my Thanksgivings."

"Ella, that's the saddest thing I've ever heard. Come on there is plenty of food here and I know Jenny would love to have you over."

"I've never really had a Thanksgiving dinner."

"Really? Okay, I'm coming right..."

"No, I'll be there in a little bit. I'll bring pie."

"How..."

"I live in a hotel I have a chef at my disposal and they have pies."

__________________________________I quickly hail down a cab and make my way to Brooklyn

I quickly hail down a cab and make my way to Brooklyn. It's starting to feel like a second home at the Humphrey loft. I hold the pecan pie in one hand flowers in the other. I lightly kick the door with my feet. "Ella!" Jenny squeals seeing me.

"Hi, Jenny." She takes the pie and leads me inside.

"Mom, this our friend Ella Bass." She introduces me to someone I feel so awkward meeting. Dan told me everything his mom has put them through and now she's standing in front of me.