Dan, Nate, or Will?

I love reading all of your comments supporting Ella and Colin's relationship. I don't want to spoil what will happen through the rest of this book, but I can tell you it's going to be a crazy journey. Who will she end up with? You'll have to wait and read to see.

Ella's POV

"So you paid for Juliet's life in New York even after everything that happened between you and the family." I ask for clarification on Colin's complicated family dynamics.

"I thought I was doing the right thing for her; the more I trusted her, the more she lied to me." Colin explains.

"Do you know why she was trying to expose Serena's relationship with Will Holden?" Colin lets out a big sigh. "What's wrong?"

"I don't have a lot of family left. My parents and I are estranged, so the closest people I had in my life were my aunt Cynthia and my cousins Ben and Juliet. But that was all until Ben pleaded guilty to statuary rape involving a student of his."

"What?"

"He was an English teacher, and he got involved with his student knowing it was wrong, but he didn't care."

"So that's why Juliet..." I let out a big sigh. "She found out about Serena and Will and felt that she had to expose them."

"I wish I knew exactly why Juliet did what she did, but I'm no longer speaking to her. I've cut her off and...I have no plans to speak with her ever again." Colin declares.

"So it's true she took photos of us?"

"I didn't see them, but that's what she said right before I cut her out of my life."

"I wish I could say I'm surprised someone would do something like this, but I can't really judge another person's morals especially coming from my family background."

"Your family is a saint compared to mine." I reach out and grab Colin's hand.

"My dad manipulated me into thinking he would lose a business deal if I didn't sleep with this guy's son. It's how I lost my virginity." Colin keeps holding my hand. "While he didn't physically force me to sleep with him in his exact words, the way he spoke about the family business success above all else made me feel like that was the only way."

"He really did that to you?"

"My dad was a complicated person." I bite my lip. "And when I found out the truth that the business deal could have been made any other way, he blackmailed me to keep my mouth shut, or he would ruin my new modeling career. I was sixteen, and I believed him." I share, and Colin still hasn't run away. "My brother tried forcing himself on our now step-sister Jenny when she was only fifteen. He wouldn't have stopped unless Dan, Serena, and I hadn't pulled him off her. And don't get me started on me never knowing who my mother is and a stranger either faking to be her or lying that they are her. Either way, I'll never know the truth. So your cousin going to prison...not the worst thing." I admit to him.

"I guess it's easy to say we both come from families with many secrets."

"The best ones do." Colin and I lean and kiss each other.

__________________________________
3rd Person's POV

"Mrs. Humphrey." Colin kisses Lily on the cheek as they sit down for breakfast.

"Please, call me Lily. I saw photos, and the three of you looked impeccable." Lily compliments Colin.

"It was an almost perfect night."

"Oh, Serena informed me all about what Juliet had done."

"That's why I wanted you to meet me. I want to formally apologize to you for my family's involvement in trying to get Serena kicked out of school. I cared so deeply about my cousin I had no idea she was so troubled." Colin apologizes.