Stressing

Are you excited since they announced the cast of the Gossip Girl reboot?

"Please tell me you're not taking Eric to strip clubs."

"Your words wound me." Chuck plays with one of my pillows on the bed while I get ready for school.

"Serious Chuck. He doesn't need to be exposed to that."

"We're just bonding as brothers should. I always wanted one."

"And here you're making me sad." I joke with him.

"And you're sure about taking the SAT?"

"You are too smart to cheat." I remind him.

"And that you're right. But I'm just smart enough not to get caught." Chuck puts down his pillow and looks at me as I fix my hair. "Why are you even applying for college? You will have a better career and connections from your work and our family alone."

"Maybe I want more than just family connections."

"You are the overachiever. Have you even talked to father about being gone this summer with Baizen?"

"Well since he barley could tell us about moving us under the same roof I don't see why I need to tell him I'll be working all summer."

"I can't wait to see him upset." I throw a pillow at him which he dodges.

"Seriously I need to get ready and you're slowing me down!"

"No need to blame me for your shortcomings."

"I hate you." I state to him.

"No, you love me." He blows me a kiss and I roll my eyes.

__________________________________
If Chuck thinks I'm an overachiever then Blair is in a league of her own. Serena and she are currently cramming in extra study time while I enjoy a nice break. I've found the days leading up to something big I try and not stress myself out. Or at least that's what I'm trying to tell myself but stress can do crazy things to you. "2200. Fair." Blair seems upset with her practice score which would be someone's dream.

"That's 90th percentile." Serena reminds her.

"Which means Nelly Yuki probably got 2300."

"You don't even talk to her. Why do you care how she does?" I ask Blair who has not looked up from her Princeton Review tablet.

"Nelly Yuki has her sights set on Yale, too. What are the odds of them accepting two girls from Constance? And have either of you seen Nelly Yuki's extracurriculars? I need to kick her well-rounded ass."

"And does wearing the school color for Yale everyday guarantee you acceptance?" I ask Blair and she flips me off.

"Says you. You could get into any Ivy and you're what going to Columbia?"

"Wow make it sound like a horrible school." I state.

"It's not the Holy Trinity."

"Well I want to stay in the city for work and...who knows I might not go."

"What?" Blair tosses down her tablet looking at me. "You might what?"

"Things are not set in stone. I could take a gap year if I wanted to as..."

"No, you're going. Eloise Bass, you're far too smart to not continue your education."

"I don't even know what I would study or if I want to."

"You're funny. Thanks for trying to distract me. It worked for a bit. Now I will kick Nelly Yuki's well-rounded ass." I drop the conversation. It's not one I've ever really had with myself. I have my whole life to go to school and work but with how things are going with Carter I want to spend my time with him. He's talked about us traveling and I can't do that if I'm working and going to school. It would be far too much and I want to be happy and despite how some might feel about him that's what he does for me.