Do I Shed a Tear?

Honestly Nate and Serena were made for each other. Two kind of bland characters with little to well actually no development.

Nate's POV

"Olivia called it. I was too stupid or too stubborn to realize she was right about Vanessa." Dan confides in me. "And now my windows closed. She's all off into this Paull Hoffman guy."

"Dan, do you really think if you went toe-to-toe with Paul Hoffman that you couldn't take him?" I ask. "You're using him as an excuse."

"No. He's a handsome guy, a sophomore. He and Vanessa have a lot in common."

"He's a douche. Listen, you have two options here. You can man up, go to war, and fight for the girl you love. Or just forget her and move on to a palate cleanser." He advises him.

"And what about you?" He asks me.

"What about me?" I drink my coffee.

"Have you heard from Ella since she kicked you out?"

"She did not kick me out." Dan raises his brow at me.

"Where are you living?"

"Chuck wanted me to move in with him from the start. It just made sense."

"You are dating his sister."

"I...I have no idea what we are now."

"Have you not seen her?"

"She hired people to move my shit out, and... she's been working in Paris since Thanksgiving."

"Did you two break up?"

"If we did, I didn't agree to it." I share.

"It's been a few weeks, and you haven't heard or seen her." Dan points out.

"I know."

"And you're giving me advice on how to handle Vanessa?"

"All I'm saying is you have something with Vanessa."

"And you didn't with Ella?"

"It's complicated."

"You two were pretty serious. I mean living together. Raising Palmer."

"And she broke up with me." I complain.

"I mean not for nothing."

"I thought you were my friend?"

"I am also Ella's friend."

"Well, she was unreasonable."

"Was she?"

"Dude!" He holds his hands up.

"I'm just saying. Ella has some insecurities about you and Serena."

"What?"

"She may have told me some things, and I tried to reassure her that nothing was going on with the two of you."

"She confided in you!"

"Like over a year ago. It..."

"My girlfriend confided in..." I let out a sigh. I brush my fingers through my hair. "Well, it's not like she's my girlfriend anyway. She kicked me out of our house. I'm living with her brother."

"She feels extra sensitive since Baizen left her."

"And that was one of our issues. She's still hung up on the guy."

"Who was her first love. And the father of Palmer."

"She should just forget about him."

"I mean, if it was that easy, she would have done it by now."