CeCe's Games

I loved writing this chapter. Also I love Sebastian Stan.

It's that time of the year. Debutante season is here in full swing and all of the girls who are being presented into society are striving to out-compete one another for the best dress, best escort, and the best life. Everything about this night made me love and hate society all at the same time. This was our night to declare to society the change we plan to enact in the world for the better. For me, it was one step closer to living away from the Bass name and making my own place in the complicated world.

"I'm actually glad I'm going with Prince Theodore instead of Nate." Blair declares to Serena and me as we make our way to the dance studio for practice. "The further we get from the breakup, the more self-involved I see he was. Always so brooding, so tortured. Ugh. A girl wants Romeo, not Hamlet."

"Romeo died." Serena points out to her.

"Yeah, but he died for something exciting, and I want my debutante ball to be something to die for."

"No one will doubt your debutante debut will be amazing." I bump my hip with hers.

"All I get with Nate is some Rose in the back of a town car, but with the Prince, I get a security detail and a high-speed chase to the Pierre after it's over." Blair is practically drooling thinking about her perfect date.

"Ooh! I can see you on the cover of hello! Already." Serena wraps her arm through Blair's."

"Yeah, well try the New York Times. They've chosen me for A Night Out With, and I'm gonna give them the most perfect night out of the year."

"Sounds very generous of you." I mock her.

"Don't sound jealous E. You still tell us that you have an escort but not who."

"We're just not ready for everyone to know about our relationship." I state defending my reluctance to tell them about my boyfriend. "He's coming to the debutante events and you can all meet him then." I declare.

"Gladly. Because if he's not up to par with what our Ella deserves we will run him out." Serena nods in agreement with Blair.

"As sweet as that offer is girls. I am certain you will like my guy as I have liked yours."

"Can you give at least a hint on who he is?"

"He's older than us and he's from the city."

'Wow, that narrows it down so much." Blair states with annoyance and teasing in her voice. "At least you're still being presented." Blair now glares at Serena.

"Nice B."

"Is your mom mad that you're not being presented?" I ask Serena.

"She doesn't really have a leg to stand on since I found out she used to be my boyfriend's father's biggest fan."

"Yeah, his biggest." I add which causes Serena and Blair to start gagging.

"Ew! It sounds so gross when you say it out loud." Serena cries out shaking her head.

"Silly me, here I actually thought you wanted to go."

"Um, I'm here with you and E, aren't I."

"Because your grandmother is meeting you here." I point out to her and she whacks my shoulder playfully.

"Blah, blah..."

__________________________________
Dance rehearsal was boring as ever but what came afterward is worth it all. I dress my best and feel giddy inside. Hearing the soft knock on my door puts a smile on my face. "Hello, beautiful." His brilliant smile greets me as I lose myself in his blue eyes. He leans down and captures my lips in his and my whole body fills with happiness. "God I have missed you."