Weddings and Prom Oh My

Sorry for the long wait. I will be skipping the Poppy and Gabriel drama because that was boring enough to write the first time and doe snot need second take. I hope you all enjoy this update.

Ella's POV

"Thank you for agreeing to sit through this rehearsal." Nate kisses me as we walk inside the church for Tripp's wedding.

"You're just lucky the apartment we're looking at is just around the block." I tell him.

"There you two are." Nate and I look surprised to see Blair.

"B, what are you doing here?" I ask her.

"Oh well, I'm your plus one." She says like it's so obvious.

"And I know that, but you don't need to be at the rehearsal." I remind her.

"Oh yes, I do." She argues. "I need to make sure they don't seat me behind Caroline Kennedy. She may be American royalty, but that woman is a giraffe." Blair continues on, which makes us laugh.

"You'll be sitting next to me, and you'll be fine." I tell her.

"I know, but you are the face of every designer, and I need to stand out. So I need the best seat." She argues.

"Oh, babe." Nate takes my hand. "Tripp asked me for me to go to lunch with him. He said it was important, but I think he's just scared I'm gonna talk about his ex-girlfriends during my toast."

"He should definitely be scared. He's had some pretty horrible girlfriends." I joke. "We can look at apartments after lunch if that works better." I suggest.

"Actually, that might." Nate agrees.

"Perfect. I'll message our realtor, and we'll go for a later showing."

"Well, I need to think of a way to thank Maureen with the Whitney Committee." Blair says.

"That's not the surprise." I tell her.

"Then what..."

"I got into Columbia." Nate shares with Blair, and her smile falls.

"That's amazing. I didn't even know you applied. E, you didn't tell me." She says.

"Well, it was a surprise for me too." I loop my arm with Nate's. "And I couldn't be happier for him."

"I just wanted to see if I could get in without any family help, you know. I mean, all my grandfather had to do to get me into Yale was just make a phone call and..." Nate stops as he realizes who he's talking to. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I am so happy for you. So that means no Yale?"

"No, honestly, I'm torn."

"Blair." Maureen comes up to us. "It was so sweet of you to come."

"Yes, it's going to be so beautiful."

"Ella, you look gorgeous as ever." Maureen compliments me.

"Thank you, Maureen, and you're going to make one beautiful bride." I compliment her right back.

"Blair, I have some disappointing news. The Whitney Junior Committee felt you were too new on the scene. They chose Elizabeth instead."

"Your bridesmaid?"

"Give it time. When it comes to these things, it...take a while to start to matter." Maureen leaves, and Blair is speechless.

"If it makes you feel better, Maureen had to pick her bridesmaids from a list provided by my grandfather." Nate tries to cheer Blair up, but I know this is not the way.