Chapter 3

A groan left my lips as I stared at the white ceiling of my grey bedroom. I miss my mate so much that it feels like a physical ache in my body. I have yet to touch her, but my body craves her touches. I have something that resembles heat flashes everyday that engulf my body until it feels like its an inferno. It makes me fear the day I touch her, because the pain will increase even more with everyday I don't touch her. 

A thin layer of sweat coated my whole body, making my underwear cling to my skin like a second skin. My body was bare with my air-conditioner on full power, but it still felt like I was in a desert suffering from heat.

'Let's go to mate, mate will help us.' Alexander whined in my head, making another groan leave my lips. 

'How many times do I have to tell you, no!' I snapped at him, making a whimper leave him.

'Please Nole, please! I can't anymore, I miss her too much!' He cried out.

"Whoa," I heard a familiar voice from my bedroom door as the familiar scent of my brother invaded my nostrils," You look horrible." He snickered.

I lifted my head and threw a glare his way, making him snicker.

"Shut up." I weakly demanded as I laid my head back onto my slightly damp pillow. It felt like the sun was near my body, making it sizzle in heat. The heat was biting at my skin, making it almost sting as if I were suffering from a sunburn. 

"The mate bond means business." He chuckled as his footsteps neared my bed.

"You have no idea." I groaned out.

"How long have you been suffering from this torture?" He asked as he placed his briefcase down and made his way towards my joint bathroom. 

I turned my head to his disappearing, white shirt clad shirt and black skinny jeans cladded legs. His feet seemed to be adorned by a pair of white sneakers.

"I don't know, three hours." I said as I turned my head to the side.

It feels like I have a fever, but a more intense kind of fever. My body feels so hot and I swear I can feel a headache coming on.

His body emerged from the bathroom with a small cloth in his hold as he looked at me with a perfectly arched, pitch black eyebrow. 

"Really?" He said in a tone that just said that he didn't believe me. Even his emerald green orbs shown brightly with disbelieve.

"Fine," I groaned out," About 20 minutes."

He nodded, accepting my answer before he placed the damp cloth onto my forehead, instantly making a sigh of relief leave my lips, even though it was short lived. Very, short lived.

He pressed the back of his hand onto the cloth, just for his eyes to grow as big as saucers in bewilderment. 

"It's already warm, almost hot!" He exclaimed, removing the cloth from my forehead," I need to fetch a bowl of water with ice."

I waved my hand at him," Forget about it, the heat is starting to dissipate." I said as I felt the warmth decrease in my skin. My muscles felt like they were starting to loosen with the passing seconds. That's the only nice thing about this, the heat dissipates in seconds when it starts to dissipate as compared to how long it stays once it has attacked my body.

"You sure?" He raised an eyebrow in concern.

"Yeah, it's practically gone already," I smiled reassuringly," So, why didn't you tell me that you'd be coming home today? You last told me that you would be working." I interrogated.

"Can't I surprise my brother and daughter?" He raised an eyebrow with a smirk," Besides, I couldn't miss the opportunity to meet my future sister-in-law."