Chapter 26

Zane's POV

'Are you good back there?' I nervously mindlinked Nolan as Melissa and I buckled our seatbelts.

'Yeah, as long as she's near, I don't care where I sit.' He reassured.

'Are you sure?' I asked.

'Even if I was in the front seat, she would be in the backseat alone, Zane.' He chuckled.

'Good point.' I noted before blocking the link and starting the engine. "Are you ready?" I vocally asked.

*****

Melissa's POV

The second my eyes connected with the familiar entryway and sign, I bit my lip to not squeal in excitement.

"Someone looks excited." Zane chuckled as he stole a glance my way.

I immediately pouted at him, but it slowly reverberated back to my excited smile.

"Well, it seems like we chose the right place for our date, that's a good start." Nolan chirped from the backseat. A warm sensation settled into my chest at his words as I registered the 'date' part.

"It's a date?" I shyly asked as I looked down at my hands that laid on my lap for a second before looking up at the cars in front of us.

A soft hand that I now knew belonged to Zane covered my hands. He then intertwined the fingers of my one hand with his and gently squeezed.

"At least we hope we can refer to it as a date, but if you're uncomfortabl-" He abruptly stopped at I cut him off with a giggle.

"It's fine," I gently squeezed his warm hand. "I'm happy we can call it a date."

"I'm glad we're all on the same page." Nolan grinned from the backseat as we parked in one of the vacant parking spots. Luckily for the lazy bum known as me, the parking spot was very close to the entrance.

Just as I reached out for the handle, a resounding click filled the small space. I turned my attention to the right to find a disapproving stare pointed at me.

"What?" I asked with clear confusion marring my tone.

"We open the door for you, you don't get to open it for yourself." Zane chastised with a stern expression. I dumbfoundedly found myself blinking at the man until I heard the doors unlock again, but this time, someone opened mine.

I shook my head and smiled," How chivalrous."

"Always." Zane winked as he opened his.

I turned to my side to find a patiently waiting Nolan offering his hand in my direction.

"May I?" He asked, giving me that charming, dimpled smile of his.

"Always." I grinned as I placed my smaller hand in his. He returned my smile with a bigger grin before wrapping his hand around mine and helping me out.

Zane appeared next to us and closed my door before locking the car.

"I hope bowling sounds as enticing to you as it does to us?" Nolan asked.