Chapter 6

Anne's POV

I waved at Nolan and Zane one last time before their two figures disappeared from my sight. What a night it has been.

Those two are different, they have something inhumanely about them that fueled my curiousity. First of all being how they kept on staring at Mel throughout dinner. Their looks might have been discreet but not enough for me to not spot them. They remind me of someone, I just can't pinpoint who yet.

"Mom, are you coming in?" Mel's voice filtered in through my cloud of thoughts, snapping me out of my mind...for now.

I forced a smile to my lips as I made my way to my awaiting daughter at the door before we both walked inside and closed the door behind us.

"Time for the dishes." Mel whispered as she stared at the empty casserole dish, bowl, plates and utensils.

"Actually, how about we go cuddle in my room, we can do the dishes tomorrow morning." I tiredly smiled at her.

"Really?" She excitedly smiled, receiving a nod from me.

"Yay!" She celebrated before running to my room.

I shook my head and chuckled at her childlike actions even as I made my way throughout the house to turn off the lights before making sure that the doors were locked. Feeling satisfied, I made my way to my room to find a pajama clad Mel excitedly sitting crisscross style on my bedcover. She had on a pair of sky blue pajama shorts, with blue tied strings in front and a matching, sleeveless, sky blue, pajama top with three, white clouds and goodnight written in white below the clouds.

I instantly frowned at her in disapproval, receiving an innocent smile in return as she pulled open the covers and slipped in under the cover and sheet.

I rolled my eyes with a small smile lacing my lips in amusement as I made my way to my wardrobe to pull out a clean set of pajamas. I pulled out my matching pair before stripping out of my jeans and blouse to pull the pajamas on. I made my way to the door and switched off the light, allowing the moon's generous light to freely sip in through my light curtains and light up the room. I walked to my bed and slipped in underneath the cover and sheet alongside Mel, leaving the cool sheet and cover to cover up until our waists, leaving the rest of our upper bodies bare for the warm room.

Two familiar arms wrapped themselves around my torso before Mel's head laid itself comfortably on my arm. 

I sighed in contentment as I wrapped my arms around her before leaning down to place a kiss on her forehead. I always enjoy these occasions. They are like our mother-daughter bonding times and they never fail to remind me of when Mel was younger. She used to love cuddles, but with growth, she started easing up on her love until it became a rare occasion type of moment. Raising Mel as a single parent was far from easy, but was totally worth it and everyday when my eyes land on her's, I am grateful for her. She is the best daughter any mom could ever wish for. She is obedient, kind and her and I share a relationship I had always dreamed of sharing with my daughter, a not only motherly and daughterly one, but also a friendship one. 

"So Mom, what did you want to tell me about?" Mel's asked, failing to hide her curiousity.

I couldn't help the giggle that left my lips before I bit my lip. I set it free before opening my mouth to speak," Well, "I began," I'm seeing someone." I shyly admitted.

"What!" Mel exclaimed in disbelief as she lifted her head from my arm to look up at me," Really?"

I reluctantly nodded my head in confirmation before squeaking out," Yes."

"I can't believe it," She said in that same bewildered tone before her hands squeezed my waist as she excitedly squealed," I am so happy for you, Mom!"

"Really?" I cautiously asked.