Chapter 9

"Thank you for breakfast, it was very delicious." Anne happily chirped from where we stood at the patio, away from the scorching sunlight.

"It was our pleasure, right Gracie?" I cooed at the little angel in my arms.

Grace all but nodded in agreement as she smiled a toothy smile at me,"Yes Papa." She enthusiastically replied even though I doubt she even heard what I said.

"By the way, do you by any chance know where we could find a good and hopefully affordable salon nearby? I need to take Mel before she starts university tomorrow." Anne asked with hopefilled eyes.

"Actually I do. I'm planning on going there myself later on," I earnestly replied. "I can take her with, if you'd like? " I offered.

'Best thing you've said yet, my friend.' Alex happily approved.

'Of course you'd say that.' I internally chuckled, 'Now let's hope they agree. '

'You had to be a spoil sport, didn't you?' He softly complained.

"If Mel is comfortable with it, I'm good." Anna replied, snapping me out of the internal conversation I was having with my wolf.

"I really wouldn't want to be a bother." My sweet mate nervously murmured as she nervously smiled up at me.

"You wouldn't be, I promise. Besides, it's the same place so no extra costs would be incurred, right?" I reassured my Love.

"Papa, Gwacie go to Meli." Grace demanded from my side as she vigorously wiggled in my arms.

"Grace," I warningly chastised the little toddler in my arms," No wiggling. You'll fall."

"But Papa..." She whined as she reached out for Melissa in front of us.

"It's alright, I can hold her." Melissa immediately came to the rescue as she reached out for the small toddler in my arms. I obediently obliged to her wishes and handed her my overly fussy niece who surprisingly sighed in contentment the minute her head laid on my mate's shoulder.

"So what about it? We can leave in about two hours?" I asked.

"Okay, if you're okay with me tagging along, I'm all for it. Thank you." My mate grinned at me, all the nervousness from a few seconds ago no longer visible.

"Alright, I'll come get you when it's time to go." I informed.

"That sounds good," She nodded at me before softly cooing at Grace, "Are you ready to go back to Papa?"

Grace immediately shook her head as she tightened her hold around Melissa's neck.

"Would it be alright if I take her with? You can fetch her when you come get me." Melissa asked even as her eyes remained glued to Grace's small figure in her arms.

"That's alright with me, as long as it's alright with you and your mom?" I lightly chuckled.

"I miss having a toddler around, so I'm good." Anne wholeheartedly approved.

"Okay, will we need anything? Does she get a snack or...?" Melissa eagerly asked with genuine excitement lacing her words.

"I think she'll be good for a while. Her snack time is in a few hours time so I'd say she's good to go for now." I reassured.

As if realisation dawned on my mate's features, her features grew calmer as a soft smile replaced her once excitement filled grin,"Please wish Zane a speedy recovery for me."

To say my heart skipped a beat in surprise from her words would be truthful, but at the same time, a warm and fuzzy feeling nestled itself in my chest as I warmly responded,"I'll pass on the message."