Chapter 28

The smell of avocado, creamy chicken, steak, and fries made my mouth water in anticipation. My poor stomach couldn't help but embarrass me further as it shamelessly grumbled in response.

"Say ahh," Zane directed as he brought a fry to my lips. He gently, teasingly ran the salty potato against my closed lips, making me feel dizzy with craze as anticipation and hunger took over my senses.

My tongue shot out of my mouth just as he moved the fry away with a mischievous and naughty glint in his eye. The man knew my weaknesses, and he was using them against me, how vile.

I tantalisingly ran my wet tongue over my lips and collected the remaining salt that he had left behind with a few swipes before abiding to his request and parting my lips. An almost feral hunger shone from his eyes as he brought my deserved fry past my lips and into my mouth. I instantly took a bite before he got the chance to withdraw it again.

A moan of approval vibrated from my throat as I happily chewed the crispy, salty fry. The slight crunch from it made my taste buds tingle as I tried to swallow the squeal of joy that threatened to leave my lips.

"Sweetheart," Nolan groaned, a hot look burning from his eyes as I turned to face him. "Don't do that."

"Do what?" I asked confusedly after swallowing.

From my peripheral view, I caught Zane moving closer to my side until the warmth that radiated from him caressed my body. His warm breaths tickled my ear as he whispered,"Those sounds."

My heart skipped a beat at not only his closeness but also his raspy voice. He sounded so manly, so attractive. My poor stomach could only flutter even as he slowly moved away so I could let out a shaky breath I didn't know I was holding. These men could very well be the death of me.

I could only bite my inner cheek as I tried to focus on my appetite rather than my abnormally beating heart.

"Are you okay, Sweetheart?" Nolan's amused voice asked.

I forced my eyes to look at my pizza that looked too delectable to resist. The smell was driving my appetite crazy, but then again, Nolan and Zane were driving my emotions, and I'm ashamed to admit, my hormones just as crazy.

Forcing a calm smile onto my lips, I smiled at Nolan, "Never been better!" I enthusiastically exclaimed. "Just can't wait to dig in."

"Rightt." Nolan threw me a knowing look as Zane snickered in amusement.

I playfully pouted at him, but that didn't last as he offered me one of his fries with a sweet smile. I happily parted my lips and took my time to enjoy the savory crunch and taste of it before grabbing a slice of my pizza and taking a large, shameless bite.

A muffled moan instantly left my throat as I savored the cheesiness of the pizza. The crust was crispy and thin, and the fillings were tender and full of flavour. The avocado was smooth. It was absolutely devine.

"Someone is enjoying their meal." Nolan chuckled as he grabbed his fork and knife from the serviette.

I happily nodded in response as I swallowed.

"It's great!" I all but sighed in approval. "Want a bite?" I offered Nolan.

He silently opened his mouth, allowing me to slip some of the pizza into his mouth. A bit of avocado painted the side of his lip as he slowly chewed like a gentleman, unlike me. I chewed like I was at war.

"It's pretty good." He approved.

"I told you." I giggled as I instinctively raised my thump and gently wiped away the smudge. As I was about to move my hand back, his larger hand gently took hold of my wrist and brought it over to his lips. His warm eyes remained locked on me as he placed a chaste, featherlight kiss on my wrist. My breathing slightly hitched as he smiled at me.