Chapter 13

Zane's POV

A single tear left my eye and slid down my cheek as I clutched at my aching chest. My breathing felt restricted as I tried to take greedy gulps of air. I only had one thought in my mind as more tears slid down my cheeks.

'Liam!' I called out only to be greeted with silence. My worst fear was coming true at this moment. A sob got stuck in my throat as reality crushed down onto me. I can't feel him.

He's gone.

*****

Melissa's POV

"Thanks for the lift, Nolan," I smiled at him as I unbunkled the seatbelt that crossed my chest and leaned down to grab my bag from the floor. I turned in my seat and faced an excited Grace who seemed to be enthralled by the pool of University students heading toward the gates to get into the grounds. "Bye Gracie Pie."

My voice brought her attention back to me and away from the window. With one million dollar smile, she waved at me. "Bye Meli! Have a good day!"

"Awe," I cooed," Thank you, you too, Sweetie Pie."

I then turned to Nolan who watched me with smiling eyes. "Have a good day."

"Thanks, you too," I smiled back," And again, thanks for the lift."

He brushed me off as I opened the door and shook his head," Don't mention it."

I gave him one last smile before jumping out of the car and closing the door behind me. There on the walkway stood a friend of mine, Melanie with what looked like surprise marring her pale features for some reason. Melanie was a gorgeous brunette with tan skin and amber coloured eyes. She was as tall as me, making her pretty short too.

I gave Nolan and Grace one last wave, before jogging over to Melanie who looked as frozen in shock as a Deer caught in headlights, she looked so confused.

"Hey there!" I greeted, hoping to snap her out of whatever she was in as she watched Nolan's car drive out of the driveway and onto the road.

"H-hi." She absentmindedly stuttered as she slowly turned her head to face me with confusion.

"Are you okay?" I asked, now feeling very confused with her strange behaviour.

She slowly nodded before mumbling a barely audible," Yeah."

A frown slowly replaced my features as a thought came to my mind. For some reason, that said 'idea' or thought didn't sit too well with me or my stomach because one minute I felt okay, and the next my stomach was painfully churning as the green alien known as jealousy peered its ugly head along with anger. I don't understand why thinking of her having liking or even having a measly crush on Nolan unsettled me so much and I didn't want to entertain the feelings, so instead, I did what anybody else would do. I forced a smile and forced myself to try and give what I would expect to be a normal and valid response.

"Do you have a crush on him?" I almost spat the words out like acid as my smile turned tight and shook uncontrollably. The words burnt at my tongue as the bitter words that I tried to make sweet left my lips, making me regret them almost immediately afterwards as I almost gritted my teeth as a way to control the boiling emotions.