Chapter 21

"How did it go?" Damian asked.

"Good." I sincerely grinned at him.

"I'm glad, Princess," He smiled at me before he started the engine." Let's get you home. Your mom is making lasagne for dinner."

"That's good because I'm starving." I sighed as I buckled up my seat belt and leaned against the headrest.

What a day.

*****

Nolan's POV

The sound of the door opening had me smiling as I turned toward it to see a very much healthy and happy Zane walking in.

"How did it go?" I asked as I stopped stirring the soup in the small pot.

"Very good," He sighed as he made his way over to the island and plopped down on one of the barstools. "Better than I expected really."

"I told you," I smiled before turning around to turn off the stove. "You smell like her." I chuckled as I took note of the lingering caramel scent infused with Zane's mint like scent.

"Yeah, I was surprised, but she hugged me. It was the best hug I've ever had. Thanks for knocking me back to my senses, Man," He said with such gratitude that I knew it was every bit genuine. "Wait, tell me you're not making soup."

"Maybe. " I grinned at him.

His features immediately contorted to that of disgust as he visibly shivered.

"I'm not eating that. No." He shook his head.

"I made it for your sick butt, so you're definitely eating it while Grace and I have tuna salad." I snickered.

His face contorted to one of horror as she vigorously shook his head.

"Never again!" He panicked as he got up and ran upstairs.

Considering that I've been feeding him soup this whole week, and him alone, it's understandable, but his reaction was worth the waste. I knew that it was going to go well, but an innocent prank was the least I could do as a payment for all my struggles, right?

"Papa!" A confused Grace walked in with her favourite stuffed bear. "What's wrong with Daddy?"

"Oh nothing, Sweetheart. He's just playing," I smiled at the little angel. "How does a milk tart for dessert sound?"

"Great!" She enthusiastically agreed.

"But only after you finish your dinner." I negotiated.

Her eyes landed on the bowl full of salad on the table and immediately filled with horror. She slowly started taking steps backwards until she bumped into her father who was walking back into the kitchen.

"I think your Papa does not like us that much tonight, Baby Girl." He cooed at his daughter as he picked her up.

I merely shook my head at the duo as I grabbed two olive green ceramic bowls and one plastic bowl.

"If you two don't eat, I'm canceling movie night with Melissa," I threatened, knowing that the one older sucker and the young mini me will cave if I mention my mate. "And neither of you are getting dessert which is milk tart just so you both know. "I know how both of them like it, so I prepared it earlier before I prepared the salad because I knew how they'd both prefer meat, in fact, they both dislike vegetables. I'm not quite a fan either, but I'm better than the duo.