Spiraling

The sun was too bright on my skin. The curtains failed to block it today. The sink in the bathroom was audible from three rooms away, the dripping sound of cold water falling and expanding to the white and dirty surface of the sink. The sound of the alarm on my phone drilled small holes to my head. The birds, that would be singing their morning melody if they existed in this dreaded place of pure discomfort and despondency, would for sure have failed to amuse me today. The people would be contentedly chattering from outside, that wouldn't be something to gossip about, they would have all looked the same and never changing, walking food recourses.

It was always a substandard cue when I am forced to contend with this type of awakening. Witches have the gift and the curse, of sensing the evil, feeling the wicked, knowing when fate is preparing something bad, only to be able to prevent it, prevent the unholy. For every strength there was a weakness. A frail Achilles heel that you're forced to grapple. For me it was straightforward. I rule the seas, the earth, fire and air, the stars and the energy of the planets, I can cause earthquakes, I allay thunderstorms and wildfires, but I'm strained. It is child's play having all this power, magic that could overthrow every enemy, human or beast. But was it really? No.

Years and years of isolation, horrendous and grim nights at the hut I had built at the summit of the mountain that I knew would be carrying me till I decided to protest. It took over two hundred years. I never experienced a lovely family dinner or at least a warm Christmas hug. It felt like I was in a book.

Maybe I was, maybe a stubborn and absurd writter is forcing me to endure the suffering. Maybe, there was a reader who was waiting in agony to see how my story continued. What would my reader make of this? What would they say for my delicate and filmsy personality? Would they sympathise with me or would they throw their critics at me, saying I should "man up".

-

"Y/N?"

"Hey, goodmorning"

"Why are you all sweaty?"

Damn it was I? It must be the suffocating oxygen wandering around in this room. Now oxygen was the problem? Or is this just me trying to make up for my disturbed mind? Tell me reader, Which one is it?

"Uh, must've been hot at night"

"Oh, anyway. you wont believe what just happened"

Is this a sign to start running? Should I surrender to my destiny and quit trying to save everyone? Reader?

"Go on"

"It's pouring rain outside"

Shit.

This could be a good thing, my magic is responding to my 'prayers'. The weather always was a way for me to express my emotions. I have tons of examples. When me and my dad, well, guardian? No, i don't know, my father figure, Klaus were running from some savage vampires, I was agitated and petrified, that only caused a thunderstorm. Without overvaluing my words, more than a thousand thunderclaps were heard that night, two sustained and solid hours of darkness.

Now, we are communicating. I always had a special bond with it, a cast-iron one, an everlasting promise that furnished me with welfare and protection. I had lost that for some days now, and I was never okay with that, I never imagined I would have to live a day like that, I was frightened to the bone. But now, I see it, I can feel the incoming hope.

Or, it could mean the worst.

It could be a warning.

A warning that a mistrusting being or energy was within my reach, under my nose or behind my back, which was worst case scenario, knowing that the only one that could represent those things in here was Kai, and I made out with him yesterday. Now guilt was all over me. What have I caused with my actions? What will be the price to pay?