Scarred

Tranquility washed over my body this morning. It felt like some more weight was lifted off my shoulders.
But, like always, that gut feeling creating a tight knot in my stomach was still there. What did Esther mean? What could possibly go wrong now?

For a second I didn't think about it too much. I was focused on the warmth his body was transferring to mine through his touch. I always used to think home doesn't have to be a place. It could be a person, an object or even a feeling. For example, the way kids these days feel when school is over and Summer starts, or the way adults feel when they get a raise or a promotion.
So, happiness? Cozyness, or maybe silence.

I've switched many homes throughout my life. Some better some worse. I've convinced myself I'm living on a bus. Constantly moving and constantly switching homes. Kai might just be one of my many stops, just another test, but I don't care. He feels right, he feels like home.

Why am I talking so much about homes you may ask, I even ask myself why I over-think this stuff too much. Well, the bus started going backwards last night, I re-visited one of my old homes, or should I say many of my old homes?

Of course we've got Klaus, one of the first people to really show me 'home', but then Esther mentioned the tomb vampires, God I don't even want to think about that. I don't want to think about her.

Or maybe I should, maybe I should quit the stalling and figure out what she meant before someone or something sneaks up on us and takes us down in a heartbea-

"Goodmorning" He interrupted my train of thought.

"Hey" I said, twisting myself into facing him, one arm tossed over him while my other is snuggled in-between us. His head was resting on the top of mine, but now he's towering over me, looking down at me in awe.

"You look beautiful"
"So do yo-"
"Oh don't bother, I know I look handsome when I wake up"

In my opinion, this kind of narcissistic confidence facade he has is hot, and kind of funny, it gives my serotonin. Probably because most of my previous partners were all dead serious and smart in the annoying philosophical way, not fun.

"Aren't you a charm" I joke around. He is a charm.

He looks at me with the edges of his lips slightly lifted, his hand stroking my hair a bit, and he closes the gap between us, guess you can call it a small morning kiss, no, a french morning kiss.

"I love you" I tell him out of appreciation, finally feeling safe and wanted, in his arms.

"I love you" he uttered.

But of course, I'm not one for luck, or charming mornings like this one. I could've been, if it wasn't for Damon, who I'm pretty sure has been living long enough that he finds knocking boring by now.

"Y/N, downstairs, now"
"Do you ever knock?"
"No time for that, you can leave your lovebird for a bit"

I was right, he's bored.

I gave Kai one last look before throwing the blanket off me and standing up, leaving the warmth of the bed and entering the coldness of my real world.

Walking out the room, I could feel the aura of a unique presence in the place, isn't life full of surpises? Why does my writer loathe me so much?
I walked downstairs, still a bit giddy from my sudden awakening, and passing through the opening of the hall, I saw the presence, a lot of presences.

"What.." I said with a tired and confused voice, almost under my breath, but with the vampires around I'm not surprised I didn't hear one 'What did you say?'.