Gone In a Second

This cave does not remind me of anything I've seen before.
There are stalactites hanging from the roof, the humidity is awful.
My legs are shaking, my brain is fuzzy and my whole body hurts.
I'm trying to get myself together, wake myself up, be in my feet again, why is it so hard? It has never been this hard.

I'm tied up.

As I'm starting to wake up, there's a black figure on the ground which I can't make out what it is, I blame the ringing in my ears and the blur in my sight for it. There's another figure standing above me. I can't move though.

What is it that has made me so scared, that it is blocking my magic to such degree?

"Welcome back" he says.
"Dad?"
"Correct, sort of"
He said and kicked me in the stomach, taking all the recovering process I've made and putting it in a trash bin. He despised it when I called him dad. Should've known. He's not my dad.

"Y/N?"
"Kai?"

What is he doing here? He was in the ground, next to me, barely conscious from what I'm understanding. Now I'm starting to panic. Waves of anxiety and distress are making their way from my brain to my body which has given up on me.

Daddy kneeled in front of me, lifted my chin up and tried to speak. I tried to bump my head to his as hard as I could, but no luck, he dodged it and shoved me aside, making my skin rub against the stone floor.

It was dark in here. Cold air, only a small lantern as a light source, and fear closing me in an invisible cage. It is crippling everything, my thoughts, my calmness and the aura around me.

"Nice try, daughter"
"Shut up"
I squeeze my teeth while saying that, frowning my eyebrows, my hair is a mess, all over my face, damn I must look like a hobo.

He leaves me, and goes over to Kai.
"How does he look?"

To be honest, he looked;
"Dead"

But he was still moving, he was still here, breathing and talking. But I know a vampire when I see one. I catch up, quickly.

"What the hell did you do you monster?" I scream.
"Relax honey, I've got it under control"

With a swift move he turns Kai's face, making him face him, looks him in they eye and;

"Turn it off"

That's impossible. He can't do that.
Right?
Sure he's a powerful witch but..
oh.

It looked like I have gained two sires in one night. A father and a boyfriend, turned by the same blood. The blood of Y/N Y/L/N.

"N-No" "No please no"

Still, both vampires. How is it that my father can compel another one?

Oh. Again.

My goddamn magic. The magic that runs in my blood. That's giving him power.
Why doesn't kai have that power? Oh.
He wasn't turned with my blood, he's not my sire, he's my father's.

"Turn it off Kai"
"Kai no"
"Kai yes"

I try to stand up, make a run for it, but he kicks me down. The fear is to strong, it's blocking the entirety of my power. This is it.

He closes his eyes. I can see his eyeballs take a turn, then he opens them. Gone, in a second. Kai is gone. My Kai is gone.

They look at me, as I cry. They pick up the lantern and leave.

[...]

I needed serious help. It was a hell to get out of that cave. By the time I left it had been almost two hours after Kai's turning. God I can't imagine what he's making him do.

But there's really nothing I can do. I'm still agitated from yesterday and my magic isn't with me yet. Some of it is, but not as much as I need to face my father. So all I can do is lay off the superhero stuff for a while.

I promised Elena I'd help her with something today.
But I can't remember what.
Something to do with a dress.
And a veil.

Oh shit.

Jo's wedding.