A New Friend

[...] : time-skip

I was born a thousand years ago, carrying a gift, and a curse at the same time. My story is long, and complicated, tons of years of despair, fear, anger, guilt and regret, gathered up here, on my own chest. Life kept getting progressively worse, I was used to cold tears running down my face, or strangers giving me dirty looks. Some times they weren't even strangers, I had kind of a reputation, in the witch community.

The first heretic.

It has been a while since I met the Salvatore's and became friends with a large group of people, that turned out to be just like me, desperate supernatural beings searching for redemption.

-Im going to need some of your blood.
Jo was the older twin sister, they never talked about her brother, all I knew was that something was off about him, but I didn't really care, nothing was able to stress me out, I had simply seen everything.

The other pair of twins in the coven, which they called "the naughty ones" had gone missing for the day. The sneaky little blondes had covered themselves with a cloaking spell, that hid their presence from any map possible.

-and why's that?
The interrogation pissed me off, I knew what I was doing, it made my blood boil that they could not fully trust me just because of my reputation, still, searching for redemption

-How else will i track them Jo? Get it over with and give me your damn hand.

The annoyance in her face was clear, but there was nothing she could do but trust me, she knew that after all I was the one in charge, everyone did, and they were only at the beginning, no one has really seen what I am capable of, or even how I am capable.

But even for a witch like me, mistakes are possible.

I was right, the spell worked, but not exactly.
It did link me to Jo's sibling.

Worst case scenario.

Everything happened within the time period of a blink. My eyes were sore, I could feel cold sweat forming up in the back of my neck. I hadn't moved, I was at the exact same spot, at the exact same house, but everyone was nowhere to be seen.

This wasn't the first time some of my spells went wrong. In a lifetime full of magic, running, learning and teaching, I had never witnessed this before.

I could feel my heart drop to my stomach when I realized that my magic had left me.

I made quick but heavy steps outside the house, only to realize i was alone. Not only I was alone, but I felt even more empty when the serious realization hit.

"I thought Prison Worlds were just a myth"

It's really not hard to figure out what is happening when you have 1000 years of experience on your back. I have seen everything, been through everything, at least that's what I thought, at the time being, one more adventure could not stress me out.

I knew every path, every road, every narrow road in Mystic Falls. This would be easy.

As if the atmosphere was not heavy enough, I still have one more question.

"Does this world have to do anything with Jo?"

[...]

Luckily for me the hospital was still full of blood bags, I drained down one or two, just to keep the nerves in place.

"What now?"

There were 1 billion solutions running down to my head, solutions for problems that did not exist.