First Kiss

It was dawn, the sun was rising once again behind the same scenery, behind the same mountain that it peeked and greeted me every morning for a millennium, to me that was special, the sun, the most extraordinary star, nature.. my element.

5:40am
I woke up in the middle of the sunrise, it felt like those mornings in the village you lived when you were only 15. The birds chipping, the light breeze hitting your face gently, those unpredictable awakenings were the best kind of mornings.

I tried and tried, but I was unable, it was impossible to go back to sleep, so I gave up on it. I removed the cover that was warming me up, and moved my potentially last legs to the side of the bed, the floor was cold, compared to the heat of the bed and the coziness of the mattress.

Looking around. Studying the place like I've never seen it before, so early in the morning, it always felt good, and I was the only one up, I had time for myself, if I was lucky. I got up, and gave a quick but concentrated look at the lines of the bedroom door, debating whether I should walk out and thrive, or lay in bed until Kai was up.
It wasn't worth it, I slowly opened it, the small creek it made was more than annoying, but not enough to irritate me.

As I walked down the hall of the old-fashioned attic, looking at the indescribable paintings that were hanging from small nails, by unknown artists, I walked pass the door to Kai's room, there was barely any noise from the inside, or from the living room, or anywhere from the huge house really, so he was definitely asleep.

I walked down the stairs, trying to make as less sound as possible, he wasn't a vampire but he was still tricky to deal with. There was nothing to do on an empty huge mansion alone, there were no mobiles, no advanced technology, the only thing there was were pickups, and dusty vinyls on the side. All kinds of artists, from Madonna, AC/DC and Salt-N-Pepa to Michael Jackson and Mariah Carey.

Why not take a trip to the town center?

I was wearing my sleeping clothes, and I wasn't going to change that. My room was too far away for the energy I carried at this moment, and they weren't that bad anyway. So I grabbed the keys and sunglasses that were sitting on the table, and I was ready to send myself on my way.

As a final touch, I stole Kai's jacket. It was an oversized black hooded jacket, and it always looked so good on him, why not try it out for myself.
A very teenage-y thing to do, but after all I was 18, anyway.

[...]

As I was about to leave, the most unexpected scenario was on play. Two large hands wrapped around my waist, connecting to one another, and a sleepy persons head was now resting on my left shoulder.

-morning sleepyhead.
I said as I raised my hand to run it through his hair.

-where do you think you're going?
he said as he turned me around, and looked at me in the eye. I removed his hands from my body and held them in front of me, looking at them and then up at him.
-Lil trip, wanna come?
-Bet.

It only took him 5 minutes to get ready. I was waiting outside, enjoying the view, feeling the cold breeze, listening to the sound of the leaves.
This feels like a romcom, and I hate it. I wasn't used to living without my magic, was this what a normal human teen life felt like? It feels, nice, odd, a bit boring.

-Is that my jacket on you?

I just smiled, and stayed silent, dropped my head and looked at the floor.

He scoffed and walked pass me giving you a smirky look, as he was swinging his keys on one finger.

-Looks good on ya.

[...]
He drove us all the way to the centre. Empty stores, empty cafeterias, the breezy weather, and the baby blue sky. We were walking down a street that was surrounded by small cafes, clothing stores, chairs and tables outside little taverns. The road was full of plants, empty dog and cat bowls, forgotten sandals and beer bottles.

While looking around and enjoying the comforting silence, Kai placed his hand around my neck, pulling me close to him, I looked at him, and smiled, he was already smiling back, not directly to me, but to himself, he didn't even notice me looking at him.

At the exit of the narrow street, there was a big boulevard, hundreds of stores in a huge oval circle, in the middle was many traffic lights, traffic labels, one big sidewalk, and a fountain. It looked like heaven on earth, it was all empty and peaceful.

I went on and sat on the fountain. I was eating a bagel that was stuffed with ham and Philadelphia cheese, and he was drinking iced tea, he preferred that over coffee.

-How does it feel? he said.
-Peaceful.
-Is my jacket warm enough?
-Yeah, don't you worry.

I suddenly turned, my back facing him as I laid down on his thighs and looked at him from below as he was smiling at me. He placed and rubbed his hand on my waist while looking at the sky thinking how things have changed this week. He went from being all alone, to having someone who could understand his twisted thoughts. That meant everything to him.

-You look beautiful. I told him.
-Really? haven't heard that in a while.
-You do.
-You are prettier, Y/N.

I gave him a confused but sneaky look as you sat up, turned my legs facing him, sitting in a crossed leg position. He looked like he was trying to say something. He was dying to say something, it was visible.

-Say it.
-Say what?
-What you are trying to say.

He turned to my direction and pulled my legs so that I was close to him. Now my legs were towering his thighs, and his hands were surrounding my waist. I locked my legs around his waist and got close to him, putting my hands around his neck.

-i didn't want to say anything.
-but you did want to do something.
-well, smart-ass, i'll give you 10 seconds to figure it out.
10
-Excuse me?
9
8
-Oh shut it.
7
-Are you for real?
6
5
4
3
2
I silenced him with my hand and said:
"one" as I pressed my lips against his so hard, my lips perfectly synced with his, I felt every moment like it was my last, he pulled me even closer to him, now my whole front is touching his, my legs around him locked got tighter, and my hands around his neck were scrunching his hair. He leaned forward causing me to fall backwards, but he didn't let me fall, his hands were holding my back while I was leaning to the place his feet were touching, it felt like a dream.
We kept making out for about 10 minutes. Every moment felt like fire. Fire that was spreading too quickly and had the same feeling as I had while he was holding me. His lips tasted like peach, from the tea he was drinking.
Cold lips, softer than pillows, sweeter than honey.  When we stopped, I looked at him and then his swollen and puffy lips, some saliva spread all over them, sweet sight.

I took a deep relaxing breath as I fell into his hug, I didn't want to speak, the silence was so comforting.

His hands were rubbing my back, he had his arm around my waist, my vampire emotions were strong, captivating.

-You could've done better.
He said, only jokingly, teasing me was becoming his new hobby.
-No wonder you taste so bitter.
-Liar.