Father Figures

"Y/N?"
"I need some air"

And just like that, we had just walked inside the door, I was out again, my breath was hitching, it felt like the world was caving in, trying to swallow me whole.

The bond I had, and hopefully will continue to have with Klaus, was unbreakable. He took care of me as I was growing up in a land that only wanted me gone. He fought of my own demons, he taught me how to use a bow, he was the one that introduced me to my first horse.

He loved me like a daughter, and I'm not making this up. He told me, a lot, every wandering moon in the sky was an opportunity for him to show me that there's still hope for survival.

If it wasn't for his shitty father, I would probably still lie under his wings. But, when was life ever fair to me? Right?

"Hey.."

I looked back to see his figure, Damon felt guilty, he felt like he just broke down another part of me, and he knew me well, he knew there weren't many parts left.

"What ball?"
"They're hosting a dance"

I was kneeling down on the grass, finding comfort in the feeling of my element below me.

"How did you even meet them? Huh? Did you randomly happen to be messing with one of the most dangerous families of the supernatural messed up 'community'?"

My voice was filled with anger, confusion and fear. This was tragically dreadful. What if I have to switch up on everyone here? I promised to myself I would never leave Klaus' side, so if he really is plotting their deaths, this is the end for me too.

"He approached us"
"Did he now?"

They obviously didn't know who they were messing with. It would've been better to stay out of his way. Then there's another thought in my head.

I haven't seen him in ages.

What if he changed? What if he's a bloodlust  monster now? A psychopath that will go over hills to torture his enemies?

It was intimidating just thinking about it.

"Yes.."
"What for?"

Damon sat beside me, observing the view that was in front of us.

"He wants to, build some sort of army" I turned to look at him with a questionable look spread across my face, he saw I wasn't fully ready for the full context. Regardless, he kept going.

"He wants power, and the only way he can get it is through Elena's blood"

"I don't have the time, nor the mental stability to play around Damon, just spit it out"

"He is making a hybrid army"

What.

"Fuck" I said throwing my head in my arms and squeezing my teeth together, failing to maintain my calm. Damon looked worried, I'm grateful to have someone care for me right now, I needed the comfort.

"So.. he changed"
"Since the last time you saw him? Yeah, probably"

"Oh my God.."
"What are you going to do?"

I thought about it. I could either let him die in the process of trying to face Klaus, or help them and go up against Klaus. It was a death-death situation. Damon wouldn't let anything happen to Elena, he would step over anyone to protect her, so would Stefan, but could I let them? Could I let them step over my own 'family'?

"I guess we're going to the ball" I turned to him and gave him a fake, reassuring smile that I had forced on. I felt tired, I felt weak, but I was willing to find the inner strength to not give up.