Reuniting

"I could be"

That was valiant of him. Nobody should make a speculation this heavy, no one should want to be what this prophecy was forcing upon us, nothing is better sometimes. Things were going so great too, we are lying to ourselves now, I feel like im dying, slowly, drifting away to darkness.

"Do you want to be?"

He looked absent minded, he looked lost. I am aware of the reason. What was happening was history repeating itself. We were standing dumbfounded infront of the reason that our lives were demolished. My family never viewed me the same after that night, his family was smarter, at some extent at least. They never told him. He had to find out on his own. He admitted to me that he never really believed it, he was not a believer, never for the 'it's fate' or 'meant to be' kind of stuff.

Big red flag, I was the biggest believer, I can't think of a time where I did something without thinking, "How will that affect me?". He was more of a "You only live once" guy, I can see why I disagree, I mean, I've lived at least 15 lifetimes.

"I think.."

"Yes?"

"I think I do"

I looked at him, there was nothing I could recognize, he looked shattered, a dark void. I walked up to him and wrapped my hands around him, resting my head on his shoulder, I could feel his head crook and rest to mine.

"We'll figure it out, I promise"

I pulled away, and stared into his eyes, giving him a reassuring smile.

"But there's something I need to do first"

Before he could say another word, I cupped his face with my hands, his cheeks were cold, cold from the dried out tears that were streaming down to it just before. I took a breath, and with one swift move I twisted his neck, he fell down, he was senseless.

"I'm sorry"

There was someone I needed to have a talk with before I was able to look at Kai again and see the man that only radiated comfort to me till now, right now I just saw my rival. Someone that was vexed and bloodshot with me, and I was too.

Kai would be out for as long as I needed him to be, and even longer, that someone made sure of it.

I stepped over his knocked out body and slowly walked up to the door. Anger and rage was building up inside me, I was ready to face it, face her.

I, with a hard twist, twisted the door knob and let the door slam the wall behind it, it was a heavy door, I would be mad and insane if I said I wanted this to happen, I didn't, someone else did, she was fed up with my shit. That explained the strong wind she sent and immidiately took the door from my reach.

"Howdy, Mother Nature"

I said as I stepped out in the thunderstorm, I was not carrying any doupts or any fear with me. It couldn not kill me, it could not kill one of it's 'servants'.

"What is it that you want me to do?"

I shouted, while looking around and studying the trees, the sky, the pavement, the wooden stairs of the front porch behind me, she was everywhere, I was everywhere.

"Answer me!" I knew it could hear me, but I knew what it was doing and I got fed up with it. Using symbols and signals instead of actions, why did it have to turn to me now, leave my heart and world so cold, how could what we had slip away so easily.

I looked down and there was my first clue, a poor flower was burning to death. It was trying to show me it's power, fire under a thunderstorm, smart move, yet predictable, I was not stupid.