Physical

The sound of the old, vintage alarm drizzled its way to my brain, drilling small holes in it, leaving a buzzing effect.

I slept in Damon's 1994 bed, I missed home, and thought what they would be doing now that I just randomly disappeared, but I didn't mind, they wouldn't die if they waited for a bit.. right?

I felt guilty, no matter how narcissistic this sounded, I was the only one that could truly protect them from things that were happening in their lives. I would feel so ashamed, dirty, disgusting, if when I got back even one of them was hurt.

All those thoughts are racing in my brain, I didn't focus on nothing but them, there were no birds chipping outside my window, there were no cars to annoy my sleep, there were no people gossiping about their boring life outside your house in the cafeterias. There was simply nothing.

I had experienced "nothing" before, but for some reason this time was different, probably because I had someone to experience "nothing" with. The loneliness I was experiencing, felt like déjà vu, I had seen this before.

[...]

-Good morning sleepy head.
I heard a voice coming across the room.

-Kai? Hey, how did you sleep?
I said while trying to get the covers off from my face, and slowly making my way up.

His smile climbed up to his ears, I assumed he probably just had never got asked if he was okay or how did he sleep, or anything caring in general. it was a bold assumption to make, but it was the only logical one.

-Better than other days y/n.

I gave him a small smile which carried a bit of confusion with it, it was more of a reassuring smile,to let him know that i did hear him, I nodded and got back to getting myself up.

-breakfast's ready.

Breakfast's ready? "I think we are moving a bit too fast, it's not like I had someone make me breakfast in the last hundred years, or 200, anyway."

I finally managed to get up and move myself to the bathroom. Closing the door behind me, locking it and walking up to the counter.

I looked in the mirror, I just stared back at my reflection, trying to understand what she was feeling, she looked relieved, to say the least.

Probably the fact that my presence made someone feel good, it has been years, literal years since I felt appreciated. Because, I was totally honest with myself, people that came before him had one issue, they couldn't figure out where Y/N the heretic started, and where Y/N the person ended.

"I'm just overthinking it"

[...]

-Someones in a good mood today?
-I'm cheered up.
-By what?
I said, knowing exactly what the answer was, but what is life without a little tease, a little fun?

-I'll let that up to your imagination.
he said, and walked passed me while drawing a line with his finger in my waist.

Okay?

[...]

-i think i need to shower, I said.
-go on then, there's always hot water and.. i'll join you in a few.
he said, jokingly.
-piss off.

Walking upstairs to my room to get towels felt like a two day trip in the desert, I couldn't help but think if I wanted what he said to be a joke, or if there was actually something about him. Every step felt heavier each time, going up the stairs was a complete nightmare, and trying to keep it together was the cherry on the cake.