Relief of Death

It was the day of the wedding, everything has been set up so nicely, but it has been two weeks since I last saw Kai.
My magic is all back, I don't have to worry about that now, I am convinced that things between me and Kai are never going to be the same after what happened two weeks ago.
It all still seems so fresh. Everything happened so fast, I have been trying to cultivate my skills with my magic, trying to learn the ability of keeping it under control even when I'm stressed out.
The worst that could happen is, I lose control, I lash out and destroy everything.
On the first page of my story, I found myself already visualizing about the 'future'. Ive had already seen to many stuff, I just never thought about taking part in them, like weddings or community events, ugh.

But today, it's all about Jo.
It's her day.
And I'm glad that after everything, she still invites me to the most special day of her life.
I've managed to learn control over the urge I had to slaughter any gemini I saw, I hope.

The ceremony begins in an hour, but I'm already at the church, because otherwise Caroline would have killed me.
And when the first guests start coming, all the Gemini's are sensing it. They can sense the danger. And I can sense the threat.
It's so unintentional, I can't help it, but oh how I would love to rip their heads off.

Maybe, just maybe, if I got close with at least one person from his coven, I'll bring him back.

Suddenly, a leaf falls right on my shoulder. I wipe it off, not thinking much of it.
"There's- there's no tree above me."
Confused, trying not to panic and stress everyone out, I try to find what was the leaf a sign of, or if it even was anything like that at all.
There was nothing in the air, and no one had leaves on their shoulders.
I look down on my feet and the leaf is still there, fortunately. I bend down to grab it but a hand stops me.

"Oh hi Alaric"
"Y/N, it's so good to see you here.."
"Oh yeah, yeah my pleasure"
I say, faking my enthusiasm, trying to keep it as short as possible, before the wind takes the leaf away.

"Is everything ok? You seem a bit, tense"

Is it really that pervasive?

"I'm fine, I'm just a bit sad over, you know"
"Oh.."
"I wish he could be here"
"We're here for you if you need us, but I know you, you can make it without anyone's help, a thousand years mustn't have been a walk in the park"
"Thank you, Alaric, but I'm fine! I'm going to be okay I promise"

He nodded, turned away and started walking the other way.

The leaf is still there.
I pick it up and all I see is one thing written on it.
22:30

Oh fuck.
What is this and who sent it for one thing, and what will happen at ten thirty? Big dilemma here;
Do I tell the others? Or do I keep my mouth shut and deal with it myself?

When I least expect it, there's another. Another leaf. It's- it's a path. The leaves are leading me somewhere. I follow, what's the worse that could happen?

I have my palm open and ready, in case anyone is looking for a magic strike in the head.
It's utterly suspicious in here, inside the clock tower, the leaves stop. I can't say I'm afraid, the only thing I really dread is my father, and to be honest, cockroaches are a bit sketchy.

"Hello?"
If someone was in here, I would've sensed them. So either no one is here or, something weird is happening.
"You're playing games with people you don't want to mess with" i finish.

"Really?"

I turn and my father is just standing there.

"Erebus."
"Is something wrong?"