Delilah

(In case you forgot, [...] =timeskip)

"We did it"

.

.

The feeling of consolation and the ease Ithat filled up my chest at that moment felt like a cozy hug around me, I was not alone anymore, I was one step closer to breaking out. I could leave the lies behind now, I can be truthful to myself, I can say "we're free" and mean it.

I could get us out.

[...]

It was close to night time, the sky wasn't entirely black, it was the gentle blue color that most orchids have, it was comforting to look at, at this moment where I was full of anxiety, it was, indeed, comforting. Even though I probably shouldn't be, I promised I'd figure this out.

So there I was, standing outside the big, wooden door of the Salvatore Mansion, mentaly preparing myself for the two possible things that could happen when it's open. Either Kai kills me on the spot, and I don't get a chance to give us both what we want, or, best case scenario, we become allies, and get out of here.

Now this is assuredly the job of an evil author. How could we go against the prophecy? The prophecy that defines us enemies, lovers, and each others doom? Everything could go wrong, we are hanging on by a thread now, every move has to be planned over and over again, so we both don't end up six feet under. Or, we just go for it, carelessly.

"Fuck it"

I said as a gave a hard twist on the door knob.

And I saw him, still senseless.

I hope I did not mess this up, he can't die here, right?

I ran next to him and crounched next to his body, lifting up his head and laying it down on my inner thigh, holding him close, as I was brushing some strands of hair out of his face. His mouth was slightly open, dark circles had formed under his eyes, he must have never been out for this long. I grabbed his hand and let his part of mind that was still conscious, siphon the energy he needed out of me.

Siphon's nature is a little different against me, yes the magic they 'stole' will eventually disappear, but it won't be lost. That would've happened with any other witch, but that kind of magic, magic carrying the strength of the entire natural world, was forced to come back to me... eventualy. It'd be dangerous for it to wander around with no one to control what it can do, I don't make the rules, that spell back then did.

A shiny red light appeared beneath my hand, I supposed that was him taking what he needed.

"Come on.."

I only let that connection last for about five seconds, it was enough, it wasn't any magic.

-

I saw his eyes flicker as he was trying to adjust back to the land of the living. He moved his head around, as his eyes were scanning the place.

"Welcome back"

"What the hell did you do?"

"I got us both tickets out of here"

Confussion was painted all over his face, he seemed like he didn't believe me at first, which was, sad, but understandable, he must have thought he was never getting out.

"What?"

I looked at him silently, deep in the eyes. I didn't want to let any words break the comfortable silence, so I just nodded and smiled, my lips making a straight line, and my cheeks buffing up as I did.