Sympathy

I felt miserable.
This always happened when there was no food in the house, or, there was food, but none of it seemed interesting, or appetizing. Everything smells, everything sucked. I didn't like feeling tired and drained due to the lack of food in this house, it seemed rather pathetic.

It was time for shopping.

I was standing in the hall, staring at Kai's bedroom door, debating in my head whether I should knock and socialize, or leave the house alone. But things were strange, my craving for company has grown and expanded like wildfire.

I knocked.

-What is it, Y/N?
-There's no, freaking, food.
I said as you walked into his room while holding the car keys, swinging them around my finger once.
-We're going shopping.
-Is this really that necessary?
-Parker..
I walked up to him and got inches close to his face, just to convince him to come with me, those silly but effective techniques always worked.

-Get up
I said as I slammed the keys to his chest, indicating that he was driving, now he is forced to follow.
-Easy there, hot stuff.
He said with a grin on his face, he had "interested" written all over his face. He seemed rather attracted to my ways, even though to me they were just simple actions, I guess youngsters find those kind of stuff interesting. "Youngsters", always compared to me.

By the time he was ready to go I had already left the house, I had just jumped in the car and was patiently waiting in the passengers seat. This feeling of nervous sweat that was forming in my palms was unexplainable, but it was rather understandable, unlike all the other people I have met in my life, he seems like one I want to keep.

And then he came out the door, slamming it behind him, looking straight out of a 90s movie. An independent man ready to own a stage, which in this case was the front porch. You kept making small connections from things you have seen, to him. At this moment he seemed nothing else but confident, and excited. Only one thing came to mind when you saw him smoothly just walk up to the car and enter like he owns the place.

-Watch it there Mr. Jackson.
-Excuse me?
-You don't know him?
-Of course I know him, I might be a prisoner but I'm not a savage.
-Then..?
-What is it? Do I look smooth?
-Don't flatter yourself.
He said and turned his face looking directly at me, he saw me smiling with an open mouth, due to his surprising responses.

I gave him a reassuring smile, to indicate that I was not viewing him as a bad person, I could see his face light up with the Michael Jackson references, at least he's got taste? I thought. 

[...]

-So, what did we come here for?
-Whatever, Kai.
-Help yourself, everything's free.

I just wandered around, taking close looks at all the stuff on the shelves and inside the fridges. I had been in this place before.

I entered the 2nd aisle from the left, which seemed like the most interesting one. Everything I'd seen till now was crap, just a musty reminder of what it was like at home, nothing special.

-Nutella? This seems promising.

I walked forward just one step to reach the glass container with the magic inside, but a swift move made from behind me, indicated that someone's arm had just stolen it.