Say your Goodbyes

He's back. We slept together that night. We stayed up actually, well, that is an understatement, we talked, half naked, underwear was the only thing on me, but I was not cold, his body heat was my warmth.

Last night:

"I missed you"
"I missed you"
"Hey Y/N"
"Mhm?"
I was sitting eyes closed on his chest.

"You wanna drink?"
"Oh, Parker"
"You want to?"
"Sure" I smile.

"Cheers"
We took a shot of bourbon. Then another, then another. Approximately two bottles. Vampires don't get drunk easily. But now we're over the edge.

He was laying on the bed, I was on the floor with my back on the wooden closet, with a glass on my hand, dangling it over the floor, my hand rested on my knee, when my other leg is 'melting' on the floor.

Drunk talk.

"Do you like them here?" He says, sloppily.
"Yeaah, they're amazing" I gag a bit.
"You know that kid Josie?"
"Josie yeah, yeah she's sweet"
"Sweet? Sure, she has the biggest crush on you"
"Josie? Josie Saltzman? Noo" I laugh.

Silence.
And now;
Guilt.

"Shit, does she?"
"Totally does"
"Oh"
"What are you gonna do?" He laughs, drunk as hell.
"Nothing dude, she's fifteen"
"Oh, right"
"I feel so bad" I start crying.

Crying? Am I sad? No. Just drunk to the bone.

"Hey, hey Y/N it's okay"
"Should I ta-"
"Talk to her? No are you crazy?"
"Alright"

I burst into tears again.
"Kai?"
"Yeees?"
"I have to go"
"You ha-"
"Yeah I have to go"
I stand up running to the bathroom, kneeling in front of the toilet, throwing up. Perhaps I've had too much to drink. I threw my guts up. I stand up and look at myself in the mirror.

"Damn"

Dark circles around my eyes, they're red inside, oily skin, hair is a mess.

"What's up?"
He creeps up behind me, hugs my from behind, snaking his hands around me, resting his head on my back.

"Look at as dude" I say.
"We are cool"
"We're a mess"
"Let's go to bed" I finish.

He threw up too after me. Two bottles of human made bourbon couldn't keep us like that for a long time, but it did last. Our vampire organism absorbed all the alcohol, turning us sober an hour after we both puked our brains out.

Morning:
I woke up before him, cleaned up the mess in the room, and took a shower. If I hadn't, I wouldn't be able to look at myself, damn it.

I walk out the room into the crowded school. I don't remember much from last night, but that's totally fine, maybe it's for the best. I cringe at the thought of pouring my heart out to Kai or him telling me stuff I'm not supposed to know.

"Good morning Y/N"
"Morning, Josie"

Shit, Josie.
Out of all the things that happened, my brain chooses to recall that? Fuck.

"What are you up to?" I say.
"I'm just going to practice some spells outside"
"Want help?"

Her face lit up, a big smile grew on it.
"Sure, thank you Y/N"
"No problem"

I follow her out and sit on the picnic table on the garden. Almost no one is out here, everyone is in class.

Wait.

"Hey Josie, isn't it time for class?"
"Don't worry, I always lose first period, it's fine"
"Oh" I yawn, and stretch.

Things gets worse when I notice her eyes on me, while I stretch. Fuck.