Let Go

"Honey?" I said with a surprised tone and shook myself off her.

I couldn't form words, even though I tried, nothing would come out. I didn't even know what I was supposed to think. Do I kill her? Do I let her go? What the hell does she even want?

She got herself off the brick built wall, shaking the dust off her leather jacket and fixing her hair.
I started backing off when she made steps towards me, I wasn't really scarred, I guess you could say I was more embarassed, plus, I didn't want to lay a hand on her, I didn't have the guts.

"You haven't changed, Y/N"

You'd be surprised..

"You still have a soft heart, even though you hide it like it's a secret treasure, you like to seem tough"

Was she right?

"A kind heart doesn't equal weakness, Katerina"

I could see her face frown at the sound of her real name, maybe she was the one that wanted to appear tough afterall.

"Kind? How come you're kind, lovely?"
"I'm kind enough"
"Oh yeah? Prove it"
"Your head is still in place"

She laughed, why did she laugh?

No time to think about that.
She walked pass me and made her way to the door, swinging it open and grabbing the eyes of everyone, all the attention is to her. I follow, hoping Damon and Klaus will be up before something bad happens.

"So! Did we decide who's gonna take the cure?" She said 'cure' in a spooky voice, honestly, what's up with this cure..

"Things aren't the same, Katherine" Elena dared to talk back to her, I admire the courage, even I couldn't do that.

"How come?"
Why does she always have that sarcastic tone in her speaking? This isn't the Katherine I used to know. She used to be caring and her lips were dripping honey everytime she spoke, always very generous, she had a big heart.

Elena made a signal with her eyes, pointing at me. Everyone's eyes turned to me, what? Was I the difference?

"What?" I asked, just surprised by the attention.

I can see Elena's mindset. I'm the oldest one in the room, for now. I think what she was trying to say, was the change of power. Katherine thought she was in charge, clearly not anymore. But when did I agree? When did I even say I agreed with this opperation?

"What the hell is she gonna do?"

"Elena's right, Y/N has power, she can make this whole plan ten times easier" Stefan spoke up.
"Oh you mean her little.. nature controlling tricks? Yeah I've heard"

She turned giving me a dirty look, what happened in the span of five hundred years?

I felt taken. More than a hundred thoughts racing through my head. I don't recognize the person I fell for so many years before. I still remember the first time I saw her, and even though she didn't view me as I did her, I haven't opened up to someone else like I did her. She got to learn about my insecurities, my daily routines, my magic, and even some big secrets I couldn't share with Klaus, for example.
I used to view this world as a greyscale painting, dull and dead, but when I saw her it started taking color. Vibrant blues, pinks and oranges all over the paper. I would do anything to protect her, go through hell and back with her, because with her I felt powerful.

But now the world is turning grey again. The girl I knew has collapsed, she's a female representation of the devil. Even now I just want to stand by her side, I don't regret loving her, I don't regret fighting her own demons away, I don't regret wanting to drown or set myself on fire for her, I don't regret living for her.
But I can't stand with her now.