To Get You Back

The wound he left me is completely healed, but I still feel it. I feel his hand twisting and pushing that knife through me. I feel the hope I felt the moment before, i can still taste it, it'll be gone in a second, I'm sure.

"Y/N? You okay?"
"Hey, Hope, I'm fine, just.."

"Just thinking?"
"Yeah"

She knew. She has probably used the same sentence as an excuse many times.

"Can I talk to you?" She says. She's full of questions, I can see it.

"Shoot"

She walks past the doorway and closes it behind her, making small steps towards me, she's fidgeting with her fingers.

"Can we.. talk about my dad?"

Oh.

"I know it's hard for you, but I need to- I want to know about him"
"You didn't get too much time with him did you?"
"Yes.. I grew up without him, then when I met him I lost him again"
"Oh Hope"

I hug her, pulling her next to me on the couch of Caroline's office. I turn to face her, resting my head on the top of the couch's back.

"He was.. full of surprises"

1015:
Song: Love the way you lie (Part II) -Rihanna

"That's not the right way to hold a bow, love"
"Then how am I supposed to do it? You've been lecturing me all afternoon but won't show me how"

He smiled.
He came next to me, bending down to position my hands right on the bow.

"One finger above and two bellow the arrow's nock"

I did that.

"Pull it, hard"

I did.

"Straighten up your back"

I did.

"Shoot"

It hid the target he had made. Right in the middle. Bullseye.

"You just needed a confidence boost"
"Thanks"

"Give it a rest, come sit and watch the sunset with me"

And I did.

It was beautiful. The whole scenery was. We hiked on this mountain alone often, as an escape from all the trouble down at the village. He would tell me stories about his life before he found me. And I would listen. I loved and still love storytelling. And in this case, I loved the storyteller too. I had such a soft spot for him, I could look at him forever.
A dad. I thought, a dad I never had. I admired his strength. His mind, his soul and his beauty. Every line on his face and every strand of hair was perfect. And he loved me too.
A daughter. He told me many times, that's what I was to him, not a kid he found in the forest and was forced to foster. Not Esther, Not Mikael, that were actual 'parents', he did, he took care of me. Through good and bad, sickness and health, he was there. When I wanted a bedtime story, he would read, when I wanted a specific type of meat, he would hunt, when I was in pain, he would cure my wounds. He was a father.
So I took advantage of the time we had up there. He made my heart burn, I never thought I could love someone so much. Even though I didn't show him very much, I did, and I wish I had showed him more. But I have fixed that now, he's where I want him to be, peace, from me to him, as a present, a gift that he deserves.