Chapter 4: Talent Contest (Sports)

The 2 days passed with all the students preparing for the contest.
Finally the day of the contest arrived.

The sports competions were to be held in the morning 8 o'clock to afternoon 2 o'clock and the cultural competions were to be held from afternoon 3 o'clock to evening 7 o'clock and by 9 o'clock all the winners would be announced.

All the participants and the spectators had assembled near the sports ground. That day there were 3 sports played- kabaddi, badminton and basketball.

First kabaddi was played then badminton and last came basketball which was yet to be played.

Sejal was there from the beginning spectating all the matches and she was waiting for the basketball match to start when Riddhima came next to her just to say hi but Sejal forced her to watch the last match.

Riddhima:Sejal yaar tu jaanti hai na mujhe cricket ke alawa aur koi sport nahi samajh aata.
[Sejal you know right I don't understand any sport other than cricket.]

Sejal: Tu Kitna cricket dekhegi. You should also try something new.
[How much cricket will you watch you also try something new.]

Riddhima: Mujhe koi interest nahi hai.
[I have no interest]

Sejal: What do you mean by no interest? Teri dost sports secretary hai aur tujhe sports Main hi interest nahi hai.
[What do you mean by no interest? Your friend is the sports secretary and you have no interest in sports.]

Riddhima: Tu meri dost hai par isska Matlab ye nahi hai ki Main yaha baithke pakungi tere liye. Main jaa rahi hun.
[You are my friend that does not mean I will sit here and get bored for you. I am going.]

Sejal: Hawww! I am hurt (dramatically)

Riddhima was about to say something when there was an announcement that the match is about to start.

Sejal: Yaar dekh match shuru hone wala hai aur ye aakhri match hai dekh le na. Pleaseeee🥺.
[This is the last match watch it no pleaseee.]

Riddhima: par... acha theek hai.
[But... okay fine]

Sejal gave her wide smile after listening to this.

The match started everyone were cheering for their favorite teams and players while Riddhima was sitting there bored and not able to understand what is happening.

Sejal: Tu kya chahti hai kon jeete.
[Whom do you want to win]

Riddhima: Mujhe kuch samajh Main toh aa nahi raha hai toh koi bhi chalega. Tujhe?
[I am not understanding anything so anyone will be fine. What about you?]

Sejal: Jo bhi sabse zyada hot uski woh team.
[Whoever will look the hottest that guys team.]

Riddhima: Kaisi SS hai bey tu.
[What kind of SS are you.]

Sejal smiled sheepishly and started looking at the boys.

Sejal: Filhaal toh mujhe sirf do hi log sabse zyada hot dikh rahe hai aur dono ek hi team ke bhi hai. Tu guess kar kon hai.
[I am just finding two people hot and both of them are in the same team. You guess who am I talking about.]

Riddhima: Chalo fir aise hi time pass kar lete hai.
[Okay then I will pass my time like this only.]

Saying this she started looking at all the boys. Her eyes finally fell on Vansh and for the first time she had actually found a guy out of all the boys in college hot. She was literally staring and him but it was unnoticed by anyone.

Sejal: Bolna dikha tujhe.
[You found]

This brought her out of her trance and she said:

Riddhima: Mujhe toh ek hi dikha aur woh hai Vansh. Dusra kon hai?
[I just found one that is Vansh who is the other]

Sejal: Usi ka bhai Kabir.
[His brother Kabir]

Riddhima: Hmm..
She just hummed as at that time she was not finding any guy more attractive than Vansh.

The match came to an end finally and of course Vansh and his team had won the match as always.

Finally everyone dispersed from the sports ground to get prepared for the cultural competions.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I don't know much about sports so I could not explain ho the match was played. Hope you would not mind.

Thanks for reading💙