Chapter 22

The next day at 5:30 a.m Vansh woke up and checked his phone.
He had a notification saying that he had received a message from Riddhima at night 1 o'clock.

Vansh's pov:

"Can you meet me tomorrow at the beach at 2 p.m?"

Yeh isne raat ke 1 baje bheja hai? But hum toh waise bhi aaj milne waale the.
[She sent this at 1 in the night? But we were anyways meeting today]
_____________

He was about to open the notification and reply to her but stopped thinking:

"Subah ke 5:30 baj rahe hai Main abhi reply karun toh usse baat karne ke liye desperate nahi lagunga? Nahi nahi Main baad Main ussko reply karta hun tab tak apun attitude dikhayenge."
[It's 5:30 in the morning, if I reply now would I look really desperate? No no I'll reply to her message later till then I'll show attitude.]

Riddhima's house:

She woke up at 8:30 a.m. and lazily went to the bathroom to take shower.
After taking a shower, the first thing she did was check her phone.

But she got disappointed when there were no blue ticks on the message she had sent to Vansh last night.

It was a Saturday, but she knew Vansh also worked in weekends so she thought he might be busy and went to have her breakfast.

____________

1 hour passed, 2 hours passed by waiting only, but Riddhima did not receive the reply she wanted.

Frustrated she called Sejal because she was the only one who would any time listen to her rantings.

Over the phone call:

Sejal: Hello.

Riddhima: Sejal mujhe gussa aa raha hai, mujhe rona bhi hai, Main irritated bhi hun. Main kya karun?
[Sejal I am getting angry, I also want to cry, I am very irritated. What do I do?]

Sejal: Kya Tera periods chal raha hai ya Tera date aas paas hai?
[Are you on your periods or is your date somewhere near?]

Riddhima: Kya nahi. Mujhe Vansh pe gussa aa raha hai.
[What no. I am angry on Vansh]

Sejal: Kyun bhai usne kya kar diya, relationship ke pehle hi din usne gussa dila diya kya?
[Why, what did he do? On the first day of relationship only he made you angry?]

Riddhima: Abhi bhi hum relationship Main nahi hai.
[We are still not in a relationship.]

Sejal: What on earth do you mean by that? Did he reject you, no why would he do that he was the one to propose you...

Riddhima: Humari abhi bhi baat nahi huyi hai.
[We still have not talked.]

Sejal: Kya? Kyun?
[What? Why?]

Riddhima: Yaar Maine raat ko hi usse message bheja tha ki woh mujhse aaj 2 baje Beach pe mile lekin usne toh abhi tak message hi nahi padha hai aur abhi 1 baj chuka hai.
[I had sent him a message at night that can he meet me at 2 at the beach today but he has not even seen the message and it's already one.]