Chapter 23: The proposal

Riddhima after getting ready directly went to the beach and sat on the place where they usually sit.

She was preparing herself as to how to tell her feelings.

Suddenly someone tapped her shoulder and seeing that person her nervousness  increased.

He was obviously Vansh.

Riddhima's pov:

Yaar Maine yeh toh socha hi nahi ki isko propose kaise karna hai. Kaha se shuru karun, kya bolun.
Ek kaam karti hun mere dil Main jo bhi hai sab saaf saaf sentence form karke bol deti hun. Bas nervousness Main grammar Main gadbad na kardun.
[O man! I didn't think of how to propose him. From where do I start, what do I say.
I'll do one thing, whatever's there in my heart I'll just form the right sentences and tell him. Hope I don't mess up the grammar in my nervousness.]

___________

Vansh: Riddhimaaa...

Riddhima: Haan kya hua?
[Yeah what happened?]

Vansh: Kaha khoyi ho tabse bula raha hun.
[Where are you lost I am calling you from that time.]

Riddhima: OH sorry kuch soch rahi thi.
[Oh sorry I was thinking something.]

Vansh: Acha. Waise aaj tum itni Serious kyun ho waise toh tum hi sabse zyada bolti ho.
[Oh. BTW why are you so serious today, usually you are the one who talks more.]

Riddhima (narrowing her eyes): Are you saying that I am talkative?

Vansh: Of course you are. Atleast with me and Sejal and Kabir.

Riddhima: OK I agree.

Vansh: Waise tum mujhse kuch bolna chahti ho?
[BTW do you want to say something to me?]

Riddhima: How do you know that?

Vansh: Just a guess.

Riddhima: Bolna toh hai and it's very important.
[Yeah I have to and it's very important.]

Vansh: I am listening.

Riddhima took a deep breath before starting.

Riddhima: I have realized something very important, for both of us.
It's that I..I love you. Shayad humesha karti thi, jab tumne propose Kiya tha tab bhi but for some reason mujhe humesha se relationships aur commitment se darr lagta hai.
I always knew love, marriage it's a beautiful thing par inn sabse zyada important loyalty aur trust hai. Mujhe doubt tha ki yeh mujhe nahi milega and it will just be a casual relationship.
Par tumpe Main Pura trust karti hun and I know you are loyal. Mujhe bharosa karne ke liye thoda time lagta hai but after all these years I totally trust you. Loyal toh tum rahoge Main jaanti hun.
In a nutshell, all I want to say is I love you Vansh, I really love you. Will you be my boyfriend?
[I have realized something very important for both of us.
It's that I..I love you. Maybe from ever, when you have proposed maybe even that time. But for some reason I have always been scared of commitments and relationships.
I always knew love, marriage it's a beautiful thing, but loyalty and trust is more important. I doubted if I would receive these and it would just be a casual relationship. But I fully trust you and I know you are loyal. I take time to trust people but after all these years I trust you a lot. I know you'll be loyal to me.
In a nutshell, all I want to say is I love you Vansh, I really love you. Will you be my boyfriend?]

Vansh was shocked, all this while he was listening to her with a shocked face. He was really not expecting that.

Vansh: Ok let me process this. Did you just say you love me?

Riddhima: Yes I did.

Vansh: Is it a real "I love you" or "I love you as a friend"?

Riddhima: Vansh tumne mera last question  nahi suna kya?
I asked you will you be my boyfriend, uska Matlab kya ho sakta hai?
[Vansh didn't you hear my last question?
I asked you will you be my boyfriend, so what do you think would it mean?]

Vansh got up with a straight face. Stood like that for a while.
Riddhima did not understand his reaction so she too got up and was about to put a hand on his shoulder when she found herself in mid air, swirling in Vansh's arms.

Vansh(having a big smile on his face): I love you Riddhima. I love you.

Riddhima(laughing at his excitement): I love you too Vansh but put me down.

Vansh put her down and hugged her while she reciprocated.

Vansh: Mujhe toh laga nahi tha ki iss janam Main kabhi aisa din bhi aayega.
[I did not think that in this birth such a day would also come.]

Riddhima: Zyada Der kardi kya Maine?
[Did I take too long?]

Vansh: Yess. You have no idea how it was to stay friends with a girl whom you love and act as if it's just friendship.

Riddima: Sorry sorry, but anth bhala toh sab bhala.
[Sorry sorry, but all's well that ends well]

Vansh: Yeh anth nahi hai Riddhima, yeh toh bas abhi shuruwaat hai.
[This is not the end Riddhima, this is just the beginning.]

Riddhima: Okay I agree with that but first and foremost mujhe bhook lag rahi hai. [I am hungry.]

Vansh: Seriously Riddhima. Itne important time Main aise kon bolta hai?
[Seriously Riddhima. Who tells like this
In such an important time?]

Riddhima: Yahi toh faaida hai jab tumhara boyfriend tumhara dost bhi hota hai toh. Awkward hone ki zaroorat nahi hai. And again I am hungry.
[That's the benefit of having your boyfriend also as your friend. There no place for awkwardness. And again I am hungry.]

Vansh: Bhukkad.
[Foodie.]

Riddhima: Food will always remain my first love okay.

Vansh: I have no problem with that. Now come let's introduce your boyfriend to your first love.

They both laughed at this and went hand in hand to a dhaba.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

Thanks for reading 💙