Chapter 5:Talent Contest(cultural)

After all the sports competitions got over the students went to get ready for the cultural contests.

Some were getting ready with their costumes, some were practicing dance moves, some were having a guitar in their hands, some were practicing singing while some were practicing their dialogues for plays.

There were three activities being performed in the second part of the talent contest- Singing, Dancing and drama.

First, the dramas were performed. There were two groups performing. So after their performances the voting was done.

There was the vote system for the cultural activities so even the students could vote for the one whom they want.

Second came the singing. There were solo performances, duets and also bands.
Solos were done first, the duets came second and bands last.

There were many good performances but the best performance was of Vansh and Kabir.

They had beautifully sung the title song of Kal ho na ho.

After all the singing performances the voting session was taking place.

Riddhima and Sejal were looking at each other and talking with their eyes like they were saying "kya gaate hai yeh dono!" [they sing so well!]

They were on duty that day to also maintain discipline.
So they were going near students and started praising Vansh and Kabir so they would vote for them. They knew people were going to vote for them but just to re-inforce.

It was not that they had a crush on the boys or something they genuinely wanted them to win because they had actually sung so well.

This was all noticed by Vansh's baaz ki nazar[eagle eyes] and he had also told this to Kabir.

After the votes were done the dancers gave their performances and finally the competitions were completed.

Now it was the time for prize distribution but as usual there was the "2 words" said by the principle which actually turned out to be a long very long boring speech.

Finally the prizes were given, Vansh and Kabir's team had won the basketball game and they also won the singing competition.

After all the prize distributions and thank you note the tiring day finally came to an end.

All were going to their houses and so were Riddhima and Sejal but they were stopped by Vansh and Kabir.

Sejal: Kya hai yaar Hume ghar Jaana hai.
[What is it dude. We have to go to home]

Vansh: Chale Jaana ek sawal ka jawab deke.
[Go but after answering one question]

Riddhima: Kaisa sawal?
[What question]

Kabir: Tum dono ne woh kyun Kiya jo tumne Kiya?
[Why did you both do the thing that you did]

Riddhima: Kya Kiya hai humne seedha seedha bolo.
[What did we do say clearly]

Vansh: Tum dono logon ko humare liye vote karne ko instigate kyun kar rahe the.
[Why were you both instigating people to vote for us?]

Sejal: Ohh tum dono ne woh dekh Liya?
[Ohh did you both see us doing that]

Kabir: Haan. Kya hum dono itne handsome ki tum dono kisi aur ko jeet-ta hua nahi dekh sakte?
[Yes. Are we this handsome that you both can't see anyone else win]

Riddhima: oo zyada udo mat. Humne aisa isliye Kiya kyunki tum dono ne Sach mein bohot acha gaya tha and you deserved it.
[Oo don't fly too high. We did that because you both had actually sang well and you deserved it.]

Sejal: Exactly aur log waise bhi tumhe hi vote Dene wale the hum bas reinforce kar rahe the.
[Exactly and anyways people would have voted for you we were just reinforcing it in their minds.]

Vansh: Hmm thank you and that was really sweet of you.

Sejal and Riddhima smiled hearing this.

Kabir: Yes that was and we also have a proposal for you.

Riddhima and sejal: what

Vansh: Kyun na hum officially dost ban jaaye.
[Why don't we officially become friends]

Kabir: Haan waise bhi doston Wali harkatein to hum karte hi rehte hai.
[Yeah and anyways we keep doing the things that friends do]

Riddhima and Sejal: Okay friends
They said with a bright smile on their faces.
Hearing this Vansh and Kabir also gave bright smiles.

Riddhima: Par kal baat karte hain mujhe abhi bohot neend aa rahi hai.
[We will talk tomorrow I am very sleepy]

Sejal: Haan mujhe bhi.
[Yeah me too]

Vansh: theek hai chalo ghar chod dete hai tumhe.
[Okay come we will drop you home]

Sejal: nahi yaar hum dono chale jaayenge aur aaj mein riddhu ke saath rukungi toh saath Main chale jaayenge hum.
[No no we go and today I will stay with Riddhu so we will go together.]

Kabir: bilkul nahi. Humne nayi nayi dosti ki hai toh ache se shuruwat karte hai.
[NO! We have newly become friends so let us start by doing something good.]

Riddhima: Acha theek hai chalo.
[Okay come let's go]

Vansh: Chalo.
[Come]

Vansh and Kabir dropped Riddhima and Sejal to Riddhima's house they bid bye to eachother and they also went to their house.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Thanks for reading💙