ONE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙚 :
disappeared

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     PEOPLE WATCHING WAS SOMETHING Riko tended to do often, generally to pass the time

     PEOPLE WATCHING WAS SOMETHING Riko tended to do often, generally to pass the time. Something about observing how people acted so differently when they thought people weren't looking was so amusing to her.

     On the days she was free from her work as a psychology intern she would stay inside with her dog Mylo and watch the citizens from her apartment's window. The small white dog would bark occasionally but was generally quiet alongside her.

     Currently, the girl was napping, Riko had just gotten back from a walk after having a long day at work, there were some fireworks that she saw on it, but she was so tired that she just kept walking and ignored how it got quieter the closer she got to her house. Needless to say, she was tired due to the draining activities that took place during the day.

     The nap didn't last long, only an hour. When she woke up it was late in the afternoon, so she decided to make herself a sandwich and partake in her favorite hobby: watching the citizens that walked the streets finish their errands along with their screeching kids.

     The brunette left her kitchen and walked to her biggest window in the living room, she lived on the second floor so it wasn't too obvious that she was looking at everyone. Riko did it almost every day, finding it far more entertaining to watch strangers than the television that her parents bought for her. A petty gift she despised, they hadn't even dropped it off themselves.

     The brunette raised her head and faced the window, lifting her sandwich to be comfortable eating when she began watching only to pause.

     There was no one in sight.

     Riko furrowed her eyebrows and put her food down to try and get a better look. It's only 5 pm where are all the people?The streets weren't usually empty ever. Not even at the darkest times of the nights.

     Letting out a sigh of confusion she huffed and finished her sandwich without her favorite way to pass time.Was there an evacuation that I somehow missed? A parade somewhere?

      Next for entertainment, she moved on to her dog, "Mylo! Mylo?" No feet pattering around the solid floor of the apartment, "Uh...dog?"

     Quickly standing up she began to search for her dogs for the next 25 minutes. But nothing came, even when she shook treats, toys, anything.