TWENTY SEVEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 :
this is not fun

VISA COUNT: 9 DAYS
﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     RIKO SHIELDED HER eyes from the glaring sun, staring up at the tall building in front of her with a frown

RIKO SHIELDED HER eyes from the glaring sun, staring up at the tall building in front of her with a frown. She was tired, she hadn't slept in at least 24 hours and was drained of energy. 'NEXT STAGE START' the building read. Riko rolled her eyes, fighting the urge to not throw herself on the ground and allow herself to dry out like a piece of fruit.

      The streets were empty, not a person in sight for as far as they could see. Random trash flying around the abandoned streets. Cars stopped in the roads where they had been driving before the world changed. Riko let out a sigh, watching a random bag fly past them, "Is it noon yet? We've been standing here for ages."

"Yeah...But there's still no game." Arisu agreed, looking around curiously.

      "Has it been an hour yet?" Usagi asked.

      "They must have forgotten to push the start button." Chishiya spoke, his tone full of amusement. Riko considered it a joke, and would have laughed if she wasn't so done with the games.

"And what about the explanation of the rules?" Kuina inquired, the only one sitting on the floor.

They were quiet, all looking around. Then, Kuina spoke up, "What's wrong?" Riko turned and saw her looking at Usagi.

Usagi looked in the direction to their right and answered, "I can hear something."

They all gathered to look in that direction. Nothing happened for a moment until they heard the roar of an engine, then the cars came into view. They rolled from under a building and revealed at least more than ten, Kuina observed, "Those are cars from the Beach."

The cars drove around then, but circled the group in. The air grew tense as the engine's shut off, the citizens opening the doors and exiting them. As the members approached them, Arisu greeted, "It's you guys. What are you doing here?"

      "We saw the blimps." The male Beach member informed.

     A woman that Riko didn't recognize was standing next to him and added, "And we heard rumors that the next stage was starting."

     "Well..." Arisu looked at the building, about to say nothing was happening and they were misinformed, "Actually..."

     Suddenly the man in front of Arisu was shot, the blast so powerful it blasted him away. Everyone stood around for a moment, unsure what had happened. Then the woman who had spoken was also shot, her body also falling to the side. The shots didn't stop however, only more members of the Beach were picked off.