EIGHT

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 :
tables turn

VISA COUNT: 5 DAYS
﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     "OH, THERE'S YUMI," Riko spoke as she stayed put in her tree, peering down at the participants that would pass every so often

     "OH, THERE'S YUMI," Riko spoke as she stayed put in her tree, peering down at the participants that would pass every so often. They were usually in a rushed haze and never thought to look up, which she was more than happy about.

     The blonde stopped and was now standing in the opening watching behind her. Waiting for someone? Riko's eyes narrowed as she tried to decipher the girl's movement and tense figure.

     Not so surprisingly, a man came running out of the trees with a machete, yelling profanities as he did so. Yumi began to quickly climb up one of the light poles, followed closely by the physical trainer.

     "That doesn't seem like a fair fight. Yumi what are you doing?" Even though the blonde was a surprisingly fast climber, there were some moments where the blade got a bit too close to her legs than Riko would have preferred.

     Riko's legs stopped swinging and her body froze.

     "...you aren't planning on going home were you?"

     As if to answer her question once high enough Yumi's body fell off of the pole and crashed into the man, making him lose his grip and fall. Both falling, she watched the man aggressively swing his arm, the blade cutting into Yumi's arm. It caught into it as they neared the floor with the man on the bottom.

     Though she tried to move her eyes in time she couldn't help but watch as the man hit the floor before Yumi.

     His body smacked the concrete below him head first, not even a second later the rest of his body met the same fate of turning into a crumpled mess underneath Yumi's slightly mangled body.

     Riko looked away quickly, to regain her breath.

     "Two contestants down. Cause of death, suicide, murder."

     "How...upsetting." Riko felt her stare unwillingly move back to the corpses in front of her. A tear slowly began to slide down her face the longer it lasted.

     Quickly wiping it away she laid her back onto the bark of the tree and crossed her arms, "Whatever...not like I was close to her anyways."

     But despite her words, her chest tightened.

     A few minutes later Riko decided to be useful and began to climb down the large tree. The girl carefully looked around to try and spot any participants she would have to avoid.