THIRTY SEVEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 :
i like knowing you care

VISA COUNT: 13 DAYS
﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     CHISHIYA, THE SELFISH, manipulative man had jumped in front of Usagi, and taken the bullet

CHISHIYA, THE SELFISH, manipulative man had jumped in front of Usagi, and taken the bullet. Everyone looked to be in awe. Or in shock.

It was quiet for a moment before Riko called out in a panic, "Chishiya!"

     She stood up quickly, the blinding pain from her injuries being ignored as she rushed over to him. He fell to the floor with her barely managing to get a grip on him to stop him from hitting the floor as harshly. She held him up, sitting on the floor as he laid and placing his head on her lap.

     Chishiya gazed tiredly up at her, and her heart dropped. Would he die from this? Would he leave her alone in this world that seemed to be rooting for their deaths? Riko didn't want to find out.

     Riko heard Usagi and Arisu call out for him, them running by her but she just cursed internally, not knowing if she wanted to slap him or congratulate him for stepping in front of the bullet and growing as a person.

     "Chishiya! Why did you do that?" Usagi questioned as Riko put pressure on the bullet. It hit his chest on his right side, a worrisome sight to see. Usagi urged, "Why did you protect me?"

     Chishiya informed with a quiet voice, "I wanted to do something uncharacteristic."

     Riko's face grew a frustrated expression, angry that he had gotten shot again but also upset that she was proud he chose to save someone else. Her own emotions didn't come clearly, she had always struggled understanding them. She scowled down at him, bullshit, you wanted to give me a heart attack!

     Chishiya informed, "It's probably because of the people I met here like Kuzuryu and Arisu."

     Arisu was hit with a thought, "Hey, what were you going to tell me earlier?"

     "Oh, yeah..." Chishiya breathed out, "To me, people who live life so seriously seem like fools. Those who strive so hard...I just want to curse them. All their goodwill was repugnant to me. But I must have been jealous. They had what I didn't. It seemed like they were criticizing me for being such a vain and vulgar person. I was afraid of them."

     Arisu admitted, "I know what you mean."

     "I figured you would say that, Arisu." Chishiya gave him a quick look before his eyes turned to the sky.