SIXTEEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 :
watching from afar

VISA COUNT: 9 DAYS
﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

VISA COUNT: 9 DAYS ﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

HATTER IS DRAMATIC. Everyone around the Beach knew it, although few would admit it in fear of punishment from the crazed man.

Currently the members of the beach were being sent off to a game, but they were waiting for Hatter to finally enter his car so that they could leave. Although they did it with ecstatic grins that hid their eager feelings to get the night over with. Unfortunately for them it appeared his ego got the best of him as he sat on top of the convertible with his hands wide in the air, gladly listening to the members of the groups cheers.

Riko crossed her arms as she waited for him to leave. All this cheering is giving me a headache.

Then, Hatter announced, "I'm off!"

The cheers somehow increased in volume as the vehicle Hatter was in reached the end of the Beach's gate. Curiously, Riko sent a glance to the militants. She spotted them give each other a suspicious glance, then looking smugly back at Hatter's car.

As if it was on que Chishiya's voice rang in her head. "Hatter is trying to keep the militant's in check, but it's only a matter of time before they retaliate. If that happens, this place will be controlled by the militants who don't know how to use their brains. There'd be no point in staying here."

Riko thought about the situation. Maybe Chishiya predicted it. Who was leaving? Hatter. Who wasn't in sight of him leaving. Aguni.

Maybe Hatter's rule is over.

Riko couldn't help her gaze from drifting back to the militants, finding Kurayami conversing enthusiastically with Niragi. She was about to look away when she accidentally made eye contact with the man. The excited man waved but she quickly moved her eyes to make it look like she wasn't looking at him.

Riko casually scratched her cheek when in peripherals he motioned for her to walk over. I do not see it.

She was about to walk away when she heard, "Riko!"

     The lungs on this man. She scoffed incredulously as she turned around and saw him the same distance as before.

     At his expectant gaze she crumbled, and started to walk over. She did it slowly, taking her time to walk through the rowdy crowd that had yet to dissipate.