TWENTY

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 :
niragi's stanky breath

VISA COUNT: 10 DAYS
﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     THE NEXT DAY passed suspiciously quietly

THE NEXT DAY passed suspiciously quietly. In this place when a day passed without much struggle, it was almost certain that something would go wrong the next. Unfortunately for Riko, her theory seemed to be correct.

She was walking down the hall with Chishiya, mostly keeping a peaceful quiet as they looked around the Beach. Chishiya had a destination in mind but Riko didn't, so she just followed along and answered his vague statements.

He had been asking a lot of questions about Kurayami lately. Mostly about how close they were together. Riko wondered if it had relevance to the plan or if he was just curious.

     Now, Riko and Chishiya were by the meeting room when they spotted a disruption occurring in front of them. Ahead, they saw Arisu and Usagi being stopped by two soldiers. Niragi pushed himself off of a wall nearby and was interrogating them casually with a gun over his shoulder.

"I called him over." Chishiya interrupted when Niragi questioned why they were there.

Riko gave him a haste glance, he didn't tell me we were picking them up. At the sight of Chishiya's lip twitching from amusement she knew that he kept this from her on purpose and rolled her eyes, looking back at Niragi.

Niragi turned around, practically wincing when he recognized the pair standing there. His gaze raked over Riko cockily before he scolded, "Hey, don't go gathering people on your own."

"There's something important he has to hear." Chishiya reasoned, taking a challenging step forward. Riko didn't follow, not wishing to challenge the man she had only seen unstable. Chishiya must have looked at Arisu as he ordered, "Let's go in."

Riko heard Usagi and Arisu say goodbye to each other as Riko and Chishiya turned around, walking to the door. Arisu hastily caught up as they went to twist the door handle. He asked, "What happened?"

"Who knows?" Chishiya returned mysteriously, "It must be something serious."

Chishiya pulled open the grand doors and revealed the bright room that was the same as the one she was first introduced to the Beach in. Inside Riko was fast to take notice of all the executives standing around the table, and a shocking sight on top of it.

As they followed Chishiya inside the room, they were able to identify the object. It was Hatter's body. Unmoving and limp on the dark wooden table. Riko fought the smirk that itched to appear on her face as she applauded herself mentally, I was correct. They did kill him when they had the chance.