NINETEEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 :
protecting with a cold face

VISA COUNT: 7 DAYS
﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     "WHO WERE YOU talking to?" The man rushed out, grasping her shoulders harder as he peered to the side and into the hallway with a panicked expression

"WHO WERE YOU talking to?" The man rushed out, grasping her shoulders harder as he peered to the side and into the hallway with a panicked expression. Obviously he had attacked first and thought second.

     A pang of hurt shot through her chest at the man's question. Chishiya left me alone? He abandoned me after talking all about how we should be partners. He just left without trying to help?! She scoffed under her breath, what an asshole! Right after I acknowledge my crush on him, he betrays me. Fitting.

Riko blinked fast, the speed picking up as she quickly defended, "I was talking to no one." She lied with wide eyes, peering up at the man while she lightly pursed her lips to try and give her more of an innocent appearance. Men always fall for the doll look, like fools.

     "Bullshit," He cursed, making Riko struggle to not falter with her act at his harsh voice. He sounded like he had been running for hours straight, his voice sounding raspy and giving out at certain moments. "I heard you talking."

     "Oh, well I was speaking." Riko attempted to reason, "I was just speaking to myself."

     The man faltered, his hold loosening for a second. But Riko didn't act to get out of it. She knew that the man was far too big for her to successfully run and get away, especially now that she knew Chishiya wasn't right outside of the door to help.

     Even if he was there I don't think he would help if I called out for him.

     "What?" The man interrogated, his hold tightening on her shoulders. Riko hid her wince to clarify,

     "Well, I've been talking to my therapist a lot lately and she says that it's not normal to talk to yourself as often as I do it. And I mean I do it all the time but that can't be a bad thing right?" Riko took a dramatic breath before she continued,

     "Anyways, so my therapist has been trying to get me to see a psychiatrist—which is like a level up or something just in case you didn't know, because there's something about me being seriously mentally ill or something. I didn't listen much and I wouldn't know because I'm a vet I take care of dogs and—"

     "Stop talking..." The man practically begged, shaking his dead in irritation, "Damn you're fucking annoying."

     "If I had a nickel for every time I've been called annoying, I'd have a lot. But I'm not keeping track of how many times I've been called annoying, because that would be ridiculous, right?"