[Chapter 5]Payback.

𝐶 𝐴 𝑅 𝑇 𝐸 𝑅 𝑆   𝑃 𝑂𝑉

"Why'd I agree to come?" I groan as I sit on the bleachers next to my friends.

"Because, you want Jer and Justin together, as do me and Amelia. This and the party is the only way they'll talk." Amber answers, Amelia nods while Jeremy rolls his eyes. After endless begging, I finally agreed to come to the football game and go to the after-party, which was being held at Justin's house.

Justin is the only one of Noah's friends I've never had a problem with. He's always been nice no matter what, the rest of Noah's friends are nice to my friends but not to me because of my and Noah's hatred for each other.

I zone out for most of the game, only focusing when someone gets a touchdown and the crowd cheers. After the game is over and we win I drive to the after-party. I didn't dress up, I didn't feel like it.

As we walk in the door I can immediately smell all of the alcohol, I scrunch my nose up in disgust and follow my friends to the kitchen where they get drinks. "Want one?" I shake my head at Amelia's question. She nods and takes a drink out of her red solo cup. "Hey, Jeremy." Our heads snap over at the voice.

I figured Justin would be the first to say something, "Uh, hey Justin." the nervousness on his face is evident. The rest of Justin's friends, including Noah, join us.

"You're not drinking, Carter?" I shake my head at Justin's question.

"I don't drink, therefore I'm the driver." He nods then opens the fridge and tosses me water. I thank him and lean against the counter, his friends are giving me a death glare right now, but it's whatever.

I can't wait for the high school parties to be over, hopefully, the college ones will be better. If I even get to college. I just stare at the ground while they all talk to each other. I'm not a very social person, especially when it comes to people who hate me. "She's the one who called me a slut."

I look up from the ground at Ashlyn's voice. I give her a smirk, "nice to meet you." She looks me up and down with a glare before one of her friends steps forward.

"You're a real bitch Carter." I raise my eyebrows with a shrug.

"I know." I smile at her and pull out my phone, trying to ignore her. But I can still feel her glare. "Standing there and staring at me is just gonna make you hate yourself more." I hear a scoff come out of the girl's mouth before she steps forward more.

"You call me ugly but I'm the one with a boyfriend here" She points back and forth between us when I look up.

"I could have plenty of boyfriends if I wanted to, ask yours. He's one of the many people that texted me today." people stop talking and look over at us.

She scoffs and reaches behind her grabbing Ashlyn's drink, before I can react she throws it at me, covering me in beer. Gasps are heard around the room, the music is now off and everyone is staring. Her eyes widen when she realizes what she did.

Next thing I know I'm punching her over and over again. My friends are laughing while hers are freaking out. This goes on for a minute or two when finally I'm torn away from her. But not by any of my friends.

By Noah.

"Calm down, Carter!" I push him off of me and walk out of the house. The rest of the night was spent watching Netflix and Ignoring the calls and texts from everyone.

Now I'm sitting in the art class, painting. Although I love art I dread this class because the teacher put me and Noah right next to each other. Noah and I agreed to try and get along this week so it's going better than normal.

"That looks great, Carter. Have you thought about applying to any art programs?" The teacher asks while coming around to me. I shake my head in response.

"No, I haven't been thinking of college," I answer, if she starts a lecture on me not thinking about college I will walk out of this classroom.

"Think about it, I bet you'd be top of your class." She walks away and I bite my cheek, looking at my painting. It's just of a dog, although it's realistic.

"She's not wrong you know, you are really good, I saw your room." My head snaps to Noah, I look at his paper. He needs some lessons on how to draw. I step over to look at his paper.

"You need-" I get interrupted when he wipes the paintbrush down my face and shirt. This is my favorite shirt, I'm gonna kill him. "You fucking asshole!"

He just smirks at me and shrugs, "oops." I push him and storm out of class.

"Carter!" I hear my teacher yell before I slam the door shut. I don't hesitate before I leave school and go home. I walk in and Barb is surprised to see me.

Then she looks down and sees my shirt and realizes what happened, "hey." I smile at her. She didn't do anything I don't need to be rude to her. "I'll pick Cay up from school, go ahead and go home." She nods as I go upstairs.

I quickly hop in the shower and throw my shirt away. I change and then head to Caydens school. I wait in front of the school until all the kids start walking out. I see Cayden walk out and look around, he spots me and his face lights up.

He runs to me and I pick him up. "Hey, bud."

"What are you doing here? Where's Barb?" I smile at him.

"I got off school early so I figured I'd pick you up." I put him down and we get into my car and go to the ice cream shop. We get ice cream and then go home. When I walk in the door my parents are standing up and staring at us?

"Carter, we got a call from the school saying you just left in the middle of class, we called barb and she said you were gonna pick up Cayden, you should've called us, are you crazy?!" I roll my eyes and walk up the stairs.

"Do not ignore me, Carter!" I slam my bedroom door shut and lock it. I grab a book out of my bookcase and start reading.

Next thing I know I'm waking up to my morning alarm. I groan and rub my eyes. I fell asleep reading. These last few weeks my parents have been putting pressure on me about college, and to be honest, it's making me not want to go.

I quickly get dressed and do my hair and make-up then go to school. I'm at my locker when I hear his voice. "I'm sorry-" I interrupt him by holding my hand up.

"I don't want to hear it, I tried to get along with you. I tried, but you had to go and dump paint on me." He narrows his eyes at me.

"I said let's try to get along, not that I'm not going to get you back. You still kicked me, Carter." I roll my eyes and slam my locker.

"You do the essay, I'll finish the art part of the project. I'm done trying to be nice." I glare at him before walking off to my first class. I honestly don't care anymore. Everything is making me mad.

Maybe I was a little dramatic about it but I'm not gonna admit that. He still ruined my clothes. All I know is that I hate Noah Miller.

————————————————————
𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗡𝗼𝘁𝗲:

Word count: 1362

Let me know if there are any mistakes and I can fix them<3

Comment what you thought about the chapter!

Was Carter being dramatic?
Edited

Was Carter being dramatic?Edited