[Chapter 13] Off my mind.

𝑁 𝑂 𝐴 𝐻 𝑆   𝑃 𝑂 𝑉

I wanted to kiss her. I wanted to. But I was too scared, scared of rejection. Why? I don't know, she looked like she wanted me to kiss her, but I was too scared. Now it's been three days but other than the normal texts making sure she's eating we haven't talked.

We eat lunch together with our friends, we stare at each other the whole time, then go our separate ways and don't talk. It's awkward, I hate not talking to her. I miss her. She's my best friend, no offense Trent. But I shouldn't want to kiss her. Two months ago I hated her.

So why the hell can't I get her off my mind? Maybe because it's the middle of history and I'm staring at her while she focuses on the teacher. She's beautiful and doesn't even notice. When I spent the night with her, in her bed something shifted inside me and I don't know what.

All I know is I want to do it more. Luckily my parents didn't come home that night I was gone so nothing other than the regular happened. It shouldn't be the regular but I can't change it. I'm used to it now.

"Okay, class! Let's get on with the project!" Project? How long was I spaced out? "There will be groups of three!" he waves a kid's hand down, "I will be picking partners."

I kid huffs and leans back in his seat. He lists off groups of three, I don't focus much until I hear my name, "Noah, Carter, and Lucas." Carter's eyes find mine and we make eye contact.

"You will pick an event in history from this bowl. Whatever you get you will be what you are going to write your report on. You will present it in front of the class in two weeks. Noah come up for your group." I walk up and grab the slip and then sit back down. He reads off everybody else's names.

"Okay, find your partners and start on the project with the last twenty minutes of class!"

Everyone starts shuffling around the room to find their partners. I hear Carter sigh before picking up her stuff and moving to the seat beside me. "What'd we get?" She asks as Lucas sits in the chair across from me.

"Vietnam war." I hand her the little paper and she nods.

"Okay. We can just research for the first couple of days, then write a rough draft, and then we can take turns writing in presentation form. We can meet at my house after school?" She looks up at us in question. We both nod before she pulls her computer out.

"Just write out whatever you find."

For twenty minutes we research before the bell rings. She quickly picks her stuff up and stuffs it in her bag. "Noah, give Lucas my number and address. I gotta go."

******

𝐶 𝐴 𝑅 𝑇 𝐸 𝑅 𝑆   𝑃 𝑂𝑉

I slip on a pair of Nike shorts and a hoodie lying on my bed. I dry my hair from my shower and lay on my bed, Cayden is playing video games in his room.

I grab my art book and start drawing. It's been a while since I've done this. Noah is picking Lucas up before coming over, apparently, they're friends or something because they're both on the football team.

"Sissy, someone knocked on the door." I look up at Cayden and set my art book on my desk. I follow him downstairs and to the front door. I open it and Noah I standing there, he looks pissed about something, and Lucas is standing behind him.

"Noah!"

Cayden runs to him. "Hey, bud." I see him wince but don't say anything. I step aside and let them walk In. "Cay, show Lucas where my room is. I need to talk to Noah." Cayden narrows his eyes at Lucas before nodding. They walk upstairs and I lean against the wall.